Houston getting beat down by..... | The Boneyard

Houston getting beat down by.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Texas State at home. Losing 27-10 in 3rd and TSU is driving.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
But the conference stretches from coast to coast! Future power!

Reaction Score
Houston was favored at one point by 40.

zls44

Reaction Score
Texas State was playing their first game in FBS.

This is like Pitt's loss, except a hundred times more embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Texas State was playing their first game in FBS.

This is like Pitt's loss, except a hundred times more embarrassing.

Pitt lost to a FCS school. Houston, by all accounts, is still a non-BCS program. Pitt is a BCS program. Pitt's loss is far more embarrassing. Houston got this year to beef up for the BE.

Reaction Score
How quickly people forget where we were in 2005, after where we finished 2004.

I've been raked across the coals before, but whatever, this year, is the first year, since 2000 that I believe that we've got a full 1-A roster

zls44

Reaction Score
Pitt lost to a FCS school. Houston, by all accounts, is still a non-BCS program. Pitt is a BCS program. Pitt's loss is far more embarrassing. Houston got this year to beef up for the BE.

I get it but at the same time ITS THEIR FIRST FBS GAME. There are FCS programs better than FBS programs, and Youngstown State might be one of them.

Reaction Score
upsets happen every yr in college football. shocked, yes. surprised, no.....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How quickly people forget where we were in 2005, after where we finished 2004.

I've been raked across the coals before, but whatever, this year, is the first year, since 2000 that I believe that we've got a full 1-A roster

So you are saying that some of the players who have left since the end of last season weren't 1-A players. That is the only way this statement can be true. Please name them. Who left via graduation and attrition that weren't 1-A players. If you aren't willing to name them then SHUT THE UP. Your agenda is about as difficult to discern as a Fox News correspondent.

Reaction Score
I get it but at the same time ITS THEIR FIRST FBS GAME. There are FCS programs better than FBS programs, and Youngstown State might be one of them.

FYI, Pitt broke the 57 straight wins against FCS schools record by the BE. That's embarrassing. As far as I am concerned, Pitt is already an ACC school.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no excuse for what happened to Houston today. If you go from 13-1 with wins over some pretty good teams like Penn State, SMU, Tulsa and UCLA, to getting blown out by Texas State, it is time to immediately re-evaluate every thing and every one in the program.

Reaction Score
Well they did lose Case Keenum. QB play is so important in the college game. Keenum and Kellen Moore were unbelievable college QBs. I truly believe a good college QB can mask a lot warts on teams. For example without Nassib, Syracuse might go winless.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well they did lose Case Keenum. QB play is so important in the college game. Keenum and Kellen Moore were unbelievable college QBs. I truly believe a good college QB can mask a lot warts on teams. For example without Nassib, Syracuse might go winless.

Syracuse might go winless with him. Losing one player can't be the difference between going 13-1 and losing to Texas State. There aren't
any excuses for Houston, but they have a lot of games left to fix their season.

Reaction Score
Every year in the first week some decent teams lose games they should win and some craptacular teams win games (sometimes big) and aren't heard from again. I usually wait until after week 3 to see an early body of work before I get too up or down on a team.

Reaction Score
So if I'm reading this and other threads correctly.... Pitt losing to YSU = laughable. Maryland beating Bill and Mary by 1 = laughable, and Houston getting handled by Texas State = explainable. Got it. Makes perfect sense.

Reaction Score
In no way am I suggesting UH losing to Texas State is acceptable. Just pointing that Case Keenum was phenomenal. When we went from Orlovsky to Bones we struggled. I have no idea who replaced Keenum, but im sure there is a drop off. That said UH cannot lose that game.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
In no way am I suggesting UH losing to Texas State is acceptable. Just pointing that Case Keenum was phenomenal. When we went from Orlovsky to Bones we struggled. I have no idea who replaced Keenum, but im sure there is a drop off. That said UH cannot lose that game.

They also lost their head coach to Texas A&M. Not sure if the new coach runs the same spread offense but if he doesn't then this will be a step back season as the new coach implements his new system. However, I think the new coach was one of the coordinators from last season??

I'm not making excuses because this is a bad loss and one that we shouldn't be excusing, especially after a lot of us, myself included, bashed Pitt for their loss. Both losses are embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom