House of Cards season 2 predictions? | The Boneyard

House of Cards season 2 predictions?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Our man Francis will now be Vice President, having convinced President Walker to dispatch VP Matthews to Pennsylvania. What are some of your ideas as to what we could see happen now that Francis has access to the executive branch and likely ties to Congress? Will he undermine Walker from the outset or play nice for a while? how will he go about it - gum up the works in Congress to tank Walker's poll numbers, or urge him to take policy risks that backfire, like a foreign intervention? Or maybe he'll just have Stamper bring Rachel to the Oval Office for a sleepover. We know that Zoe and her friends know about Kapeniac and pieced together what happened with Russo, but it seemed like they didn't have enough at the end of season 1 to publish anything.

Maybe instead of predicting plot points I'll make some general predictions....

1) Raymond Tusk will be a major figure for Underwood to deal with in the first half of the season. The sense was that he and Walker were friends but now that the show will focus on the White House we'll see him as the big player behind the scenes. With him being an energy guy, he'll throw his weight around on foreign policy and will likely butt heads with Underwood, Congress, Sancorp. Maybe he'll get involved in CWI's Africa project (rare earth metals, uranium...

2) Meechum, Underwoods' driver/bodyguard, will get into the Secret Service, where Underwood will use him for intel on Walker's activities (or other cabinet members, maybe Linda Vazquez)

3) Speaking of Linda, she conspired with Francis to orchestrate Matthew's exit and Francis' entrance, but maybe Walker finds out about that and then she's forced to show her loyalty to Walker. How, I don't know, but it will be a setback for Francis

4) Will Zoey and Francis' relationship be purely adversarial? I kind of doubt it, something will arise that will make them work together again, though all the time distrusting and maybe hating each other.

5) Claire's headaches with CWI (BS lawsuit from Gillian) will be a source of public pressure on the new VP... probably a big story in the media... more tension in the marriage?

6) Many more cameos from real-life media talking heads. Last season we had snippets of John King and Candy Crowley from CNN, George Stephanopolous, Bill Maher, Dennis Miller, Charlie Rose (I think) and a pseudo Fox News type. I think this season we'll get some actual Fox News hosts, one of the MSNBC hosts, Jimmy Kimmel or Conan, and maybe some broadcast news anchors (CBS, PBS...) too. I did see Ashleigh Banfield in a promo clip, but I don't even know what network she works for now.

Anyway... what do you think?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Yo, jungle - I'm really happy for your post, and I'mma let you finish, but - I'M WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 2 AND HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP!

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Yo, jungle - I'm really happy for your post, and I'mma let you finish, but - I'M WATCHING THE FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 2 AND HOOOOOOOOLY CRAP!
It's ... yeah...

Although I have to say I had it kind of spoiled, my friend watched the British version before the Netflix version, and was asking about the "incident" before she finished watching season one. So I want totally shocked by it, but it's also not completely out of character for the show (and the character ).

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Anybody else watching House of Cards besides me and Jungle? I've just got the finale of season 2 left to go... amazing show... the one bad thing about binge watching is having to wait a whole year for more!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I am 3 shows in, and this season is a big improvement over last season, which was pretty good in its own right. I liked the filibuster episode on entitlement reform. I wonder if that procedural move is possible in real life.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I am 3 shows in, and this season is a big improvement over last season, which was pretty good in its own right. I liked the filibuster episode on entitlement reform. I wonder if that procedural move is possible in real life.
It was probably inspired by the Wisconsin state legislature budget battle with Scott Walker (hmmmm no relation to Garrett Walker?), when they prevented the budget vote by lack of a quorum. People (i.e., media talking heads) were talking about the possibility of having the capitol police arrest them and forcibly bring them into the chamber.

Reaction Score
Not a great show, but a damn good representation of the horror genre.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom