Hoping Tennessee Wins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hoping Tennessee Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
Yeah maybe we can beat TENN by 40 so they can blame it on the refs.
Yes, if we are fortunate enough to beat tj, it will be because of the refs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah maybe we can beat TENN by 40 so they can blame it on the refs.
Everyone knows we get home cooking in Florida, along with the other 49 states. Hell we could play a game in Guam and still be accused of getting home cooking. Wasn't that the only reason we won last year in Tennessee where UConn is so beloved?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
CCinCT said:
I will NEVER EVER root for Tennessee - Under any circumstances !

Agreed!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tennessee has absolutely ZERO business complaining about officials favoring anyone. The ball was out on Burdick-clearly. Then Burdick pushes Walker-Kimbrough on the other end with no call!!!

Reaction Score
I will NEVER EVER root for Tennessee - Under any circumstances !

Eh, it's hard for me to project my hostility onto the current team. Everyone is so far removed from the events of 2006, Holly and these players had no influence on the bitterness of the history.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Maryland has forgotten how to score. :( Tenn is the new Rutgers.

I thought they had converted to Rutgers even before Pat retired.

Another 1 point game at the half. Only this game has a LOT less execution. My favorite play: TENN post player passed up a chippy inside to pass it out to a guard for an 16 footer. Result - Airball. What decision making!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
43 points combined for the teams at the half. In UConn - Dayton game there was more than twice as much at 87.

Reaction Score
The UConn/Tennessee rivalry was the best thing to ever happen to women's college basketball.

Would be great to see them renew acquaintances, even in a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
The UConn/Tennessee rivalry was the best thing to ever happen to women's college basketball.

Would be great to see them renew acquaintances, even in a "be careful what you wish for" scenario.
Why the cautionary tone...we'll beat them like a bongo!!!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It's not about the current team, it's about the brand! :)

And the fans - especially!
I still don't care if we ever play them again. When Pat ran that program it was on the pinacle. Now it is a shadow of what is was.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
And the fans - especially!
I still don't care if we ever play them again. When Pat ran that program it was on the pinacle. Now it is a shadow of what is was.
I want to play them and beat them down until they cry uncle! And then beat them some more! :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How can you not relish the thought of playing Tennessee? Rooting for the Lady Vols to make the Final 4 :) :)

In the same way that I don't want to defeat the British, again. No need to relive history.

I root against Tennessee, every game, any opponent. To paraphrase Fishy, if the Lady Vols were doing a telethon, I'd root for the disease.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As someone who actually warned earlier today I was very worried about Dayton (whew was I right!), I don't know how people don't want to face this Tennessee team.

It would be the beating they've escaped for 7 years. And with DeShields coming in next year they will probably get pretty good again so let's get them now.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I root against Tennessee, every game, any opponent. To paraphrase Fishy, if the Lady Vols were doing a telethon, I'd root for the disease.

cold.jpg

Reaction Score
I'd enjoy either matchup. If it's Maryland, though, there would be more tickets available for USC fans to gobble up, and I know a lot of people who have already found tickets.

Since USC and ND both have large fan bases I doubt they will forget about our game. If the attention was a little less then I am ok with less pressure on our team in their first (NCAA) Final Four. Everyone has forgotten we were in an AIAW Final Four.

TBA shrank their capacity when they converted part of their upper deck into boxes. I think their capacity is ~21,000 now.
I've got 3 nosebleed(303) tickets for the championship game to sell for face value. I was able to get lower bowl tix last week for the Game. PM me if you are interested....they may be the only ones left:rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Congrats to Maryland.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I bet after these last two years..... Maryland is WAY up the list of most hated teams/schools in the eyes of the Lady Vol fans

Reaction Score
If you're a Tennessee fan, at what point can you conclude that Holly isn't the answer? Or did Pat leave the cupboard bare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom