Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Hmmm... What does that mean??? Help!!!!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I guess it means they're not going to worry about what UConn does they're just going to worry about themselves. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hmmm... What does that mean??? Help!!!!

th

" focus on U.S. "

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That sounds like a formula to not panic if the early game goes decidedly UConn's way.

Reaction Score
That sounds like a formula to not panic if the early game goes decidedly UConn's way.
I think there may be a little bit of intimidation the way UConn seems to get a lead, open it up a bit, have a run and then cruise home. I think part way through that scenario, Duke has, in the past, lost hope and abandoned their game plan. UConn is so wonderfully disciplined and it usually pays major dividends. The only team that I've seen exhibit any of that same discipline has been Notre Dame and that's why they've had some success with us.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Break it down, work play by play, etc. I've heard it before, esp. to help keep focus when the going gets rough. Didn't our players get that message vis a vis ND sometimes in the past? Seems I remember that.

Reaction Score
Honestly, it sounds like every one of our Huskies' responses in regards to future match-ups. Play our game the way we have been practicing day in, day out. Only difference is UCONN manages to follow through nearly every single half.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Honestly, it sounds like every one of our Huskies' responses in regards to future match-ups. Play our game the way we have been practicing day in, day out. Only difference is UCONN manages to follow through nearly every single half.
Absolutely, it is what Geno and team have said many, many times.

Reaction Score
If they focus on themselves, they'll miss UConn going right by them. It won't be the first time either. In fact, that seems to have been their game plan every year.

Reaction Score
Duke is trying to compensate for their lack of intensity for 40 minutes. Coach JP has said many times they need to get to another level. The only problem, is that do not believe they can get there against UCONN. IMO, they are putting too much pressure on themselves to shut down UCONN on every play that they will forget to play offense......Geno expects a few new wrinkles tonight and I suspect, he has a few new things for DUKE...........The backdoor will be exposed tonight. Remember, UCONN schools very good at DUKE.....

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Did the Dookies lift their material from CD's training class on how to speak to the media?? You can either play hard for 40 minutes or you can't. We will find out if they can tonight.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Their points per game average seems to indicate that at least offensively they've improved in their playing hard for 40 mantra.
Perhaps that's the easy part.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Agreed. Isn't this what Geno says before every game? Focus on yourself and doing what you are supposed to do and the rest will take care of itself.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It means that they know not to worry about the things that they cannot control, which in this case, is UCONN.

Reaction Score
It's one thing to maintain mental toughness for 40 minutes but where almost all teams not named come up short is in the energy needed to play that way for 40 minutes. Other teams, while well conditioned, are simply not used to UConn's level of energy expenditure and get gassed at some point. Fatigue and mental lapses usually go hand in hand and that is when UConn goes on a 15-0 run.

Duke has a shot at home where the energy of the crowd will help but looking at the games they have played to this point I doubt they are ready for the intensity they will face tonight.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It's one thing to maintain mental toughness for 40 minutes but where almost all teams not named come up short is in the energy needed to play that way for 40 minutes. Other teams, while well conditioned, are simply not used to UConn's level of energy expenditure and get gassed at some point. Fatigue and mental lapses usually go hand in hand and that is when UConn goes on a 15-0 run.

Duke has a shot at home where the energy of the crowd will help but looking at the games they have played to this point I doubt they are ready for the intensity they will face tonight.

This is exactly what was said about Baylor last year. And I disagree. I think that it is the mental toughness that most teams cannot maintain. It is know that if you have a little bit of a bad stretch that you are going get bounced out of the gym.

Reaction Score

In reality, even with two stars out for the last month, we were able to show remarkable energy levels that never seemed to drop off. Our lineup was very very short and so many of the team was playing an awful lot of minutes and I guess we performed pretty well, considering we're unanimous No. 1, right?

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
So much for looking at "us".They should have been looking at Breanna and Kaleena and company showing them why UConn is number one.Just imagine,if Kaleena wasn't a little rusty,and Morgan was at full strength,how it would have been.

Jim

Reaction Score
They focused on "us" so much that they left KML wide open in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom