Hilton gets cut from Pacers roster | The Boneyard

Hilton gets cut from Pacers roster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm surprised HA hasn't stuck around. He has good size/athleticism and has some offensive talent.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
What really surprises me about him being cut is the Pacers' big man situation. Hibbert is a monster obviously but Mahimi is a sub-par backup at best and is less skilled than HA in nearly every asset of the game (particularly rebounding and setting screens). With Granger injured I can see why Rasaul Butler hasn't been cut, but I think giving Hilton the axe was the wrong move. I wouldn't count him out though, my guess is he winds up back in the D-League and gets called up some time during this season. If not, I can see him being highly coveted in Europe.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I looked up his NBA salary and he's made almost $10,000,000. Based on a regular persons career, that would be the equivalent of being paid just a tad over $237,000/year for 40 years. It's all up front and he can earn interest on that so he's done pretty well considering he wasn't even top 100 before coming to UConn. Hopefully he's managed his money well. Plus he still has earning potential maybe back in the NBA, or at the very least overseas.

Reaction Score
With just $300,000 your set for life. Buy 3 small houses in bristol @100k each live in 1 with no mortgage and rent the other two out and increase rent slowly to correspond with inflation. Passive income , now i just need to come up with 300 grand.

Reaction Score
Hilton was a success story true and true. Not surprised he was cut or surprised he made the league. I think he is the poster-child for UConn/NBA basketball. Not sure if any other school could have got him (via skill improvement) in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom