High school targets...on good teams! | The Boneyard

High school targets...on good teams!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
From the latest USAToday rankings: national rankingsSalmon

#2 Incarnate Word...Missouri...finished the year 31-1. Won the state 4A title. Junior Napheesa Collier...UConn target...had 33 in the finals. In the semis she had 24....12/12 from the floor...yikes!

#7 Salmon High...Louisiana...I think this is Kalani Brown's school....not real sure...6'5" junior UConn target.
Won Class 4A title....33-1.

#17 Mater Dei...California...KML's alma mater. 25-3...lost in regional semis by 18...yikes!
Katie Lou Samuelson...junior...UConn target.

Cool! Saniya's alma mater....Ossining finished at #43....record of 25-3. This after losing Saniya and losing the current 9th grader at Blair Academy...I forget her name...Sadie Edwards also at Blair.
We read that Ossining beat Breanna's team [Cicero] for the NYS title. The next weekend in Albany they played Long Island Lutheran [now #25] for the NYS Federation crown [NYC area teams not eligible for the state title] and lost 63-57. Nice season for Ossining.

BTW: the Federation games are now played in Albany....a site of the NCAA regionals in 2015. Uhhh...a shorter trip to Albany than to Lincoln. The building though is no great beauty.

BTW#2: Breanna's team lost to Murry Bergtraum in the Federation tourney in her junior year...after winning the state title. Her senior year....they beat Nazareth of NYC for the NYS Federation crown...Seven-One went for about 40/20. Wouldn't mind seeing a similar performance on April 8.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Cool! Saniya's alma mater....Ossining finished at #43....record of 25-3. This after losing Saniya and losing the current 9th grader at Blair Academy...I forget her name...Sadie Edwards also at Blair.
Andra Espinoza-Hunter

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mater Dei is slipping.

Boykin's team had a nice season, with only 2 losses, both to the same team. But Eleanor Roosevelt beat them very handily. ER won their tourney games by an average of about 30. And the entire team returns. Yikes!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Kiah Gillespie is good... very mobile for a 6'2 "Connecticut" player. She can dribble and has a pretty good touch from 3 pt range. She's a all-around player, will get blocks but not dominate post presence. I was impressed by the HS junior.

as usual I find a diamond in the rough at these HS games (looking at SR. Careem Gay I saw soph Tina Charles, Springfield HofF Game)... at Saturday's State Finals I watched Capital Prep vs Weaver High and came away very impressed with Desiree Elmore... a 5'10 sophomore. I know we hear a lot about Gillespie but Elmore is the backbone to the Capital Prep team. linky you can also google her name and a lot of links will pop up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom