HG Wells | The Boneyard

HG Wells

Reaction Score
at the risk of turning this into book discussion club, I've gone on a big HG Wells reading kick lately. The guy writes some phenomenal stuff considering the era he was writing in. So far I've tackled War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, The Island of Dr. Moreau, and now am reading The Invisible Man. Dr. Moreau is a revolting book, I imagine it must have created quite the sensation back in the day. Might try Food of the Gods next.

Reaction Score
I read The Invisible Man and The Island of Dr Moreau back in HS/College (forget when exactly, but a long time ago). Liked them both a lot. LOVED Dr Moreau...holy cripes. It's been so long I may need to re-read it.

Reaction Score
I read The Invisible Man and The Island of Dr Moreau back in HS/College (forget when exactly, but a long time ago). Liked them both a lot. LOVED Dr Moreau...holy cripes. It's been so long I may need to re-read it.

I found The Time Machine to be very thought-provoking, however I found Dr Moreau to be unsettling and revolting for some reason. I was glad when I was done with it.

Reaction Score
I found The Time Machine to be very thought-provoking, however I found Dr Moreau to be unsettling and revolting for some reason. I was glad when I was done with it.

Try watching Island of Lost Souls, with Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi. Great pre code horror movie, and yes, very unsettling. Nothing like hearing Lugosi bellow "Are we not men?" over and over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom