Hey it's just me!! | The Boneyard

Hey it's just me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In comments I just present MY OPINION--I love these Uconn Women, some more than others, past and present. I do not profess to be an expert on the game --but I've been a fan since the 1950's with the Men
1980's with the women. I actually went to a great Women's game at UALR in the early 1980's--and in the early 90's at the Naval Academy--
So it is not my intent to offend---nor to be offended--I try to be "civil" and appreciate civility--Most on this
site are very very very civil. Thank YOU!!. Read nothing into my words--only what is written. Thank.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I pay people to say I'm an expert. I probably need to pay them more. :cool:
Yep, my rate's going up to 2 cents a word for next season, so you may need to sell me some of your prized Husky historic gear at a reasonable price or you will drop down into the "knows a little" category.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Broadway - not sure what brought on that post, but ... if there was some comment that you thought was harsh - welcome to the club! We all get a little rough with the sweet on here and occasionally things get heated enough for a mod to step in. But, mostly no one means much by their comments.

One area to be wary of - people are protective of 'our girls' and especially their favorites so critical comments are often met with harsh responses.
Otherwise a few standard and obvious rules - lovingly brought down from Mt Sinai graven in stone by our fearless moderators:

1. Geno may not actually be god, but if he isn't, he sits next to him/her at all the best places! He is never wrong.

2. Anything orange is bad! TN orange is the worst, but Syracuse isn't much better. The only good orange is either squeezed and pulped, or skinned and quartered.

3. Kelly Faris is great, kelly green is definitely not! Green in general is not good either - ND is green, Baylor is green, you get the idea!

4. In fact, there really is only one color that it is safe to say anything good about - National Flag Blue. Stay away from all other colors - Red is definitely bad in all iterations Scarlet (Rutgers) Cardinal with or without an 's'. Even Blue is tricky without the qualifiers above - the ACC is full of paler shades that really are horrible.

5. The refs are blind, incompetent, and out to get us - except when they aren't.

6. Uconn plays brilliant defense without ever touching the opponent - all opponents are thugs and cheap shot artists.

7. A worthy opponent has never existed.

8. All Uconn recruits are greatly under ranked by HoopGurlz and the other services, and any recruit who doesn't choose Uconn really isn't Uconn material, is greatly over-ranked, and has been influenced by bad parents, bad AAU or HS coaches, or just doesn't care about basketball that much.

9. Opposing fans who visit and post here are brilliant when they say good things about Uconn or negative comments about their team, and clearly learning challenged when they say anything good about their team or bad about Uconn.

10. Uconn is good for the game, full stop. In fact before Uconn vintage 1995, they were using actual peach baskets, leather balls, and I believe you could only bounce the ball three times in the women's game.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Broadway - not sure what brought on that post, but ... if there was some comment that you thought was harsh - welcome to the club! We all get a little rough with the sweet on here and occasionally things get heated enough for a mod to step in. But, mostly no one means much by their comments.

One area to be wary of - people are protective of 'our girls' and especially their favorites so critical comments are often met with harsh responses.
Otherwise a few standard and obvious rules - lovingly brought down from Mt Sinai graven in stone by our fearless moderators:

1. Geno may not actually be god, but if he isn't, he sits next to him/her at all the best places! He is never wrong.

2. Anything orange is bad! TN orange is the worst, but Syracuse isn't much better. The only good orange is either squeezed and pulped, or skinned and quartered.

3. Kelly Faris is great, kelly green is definitely not! Green in general is not good either - ND is green, Baylor is green, you get the idea!

4. In fact, there really is only one color that it is safe to say anything good about - National Flag Blue. Stay away from all other colors - Red is definitely bad in all iterations Scarlet (Rutgers) Cardinal with or without an 's'. Even Blue is tricky without the qualifiers above - the ACC is full of paler shades that really are horrible.

5. The refs are blind, incompetent, and out to get us - except when they aren't.

6. Uconn plays brilliant defense without ever touching the opponent - all opponents are thugs and cheap shot artists.

7. A worthy opponent has never existed.

8. All Uconn recruits are greatly under ranked by HoopGurlz and the other services, and any recruit who doesn't choose Uconn really isn't Uconn material, is greatly over-ranked, and has been influenced by bad parents, bad AAU or HS coaches, or just doesn't care about basketball that much.

9. Opposing fans who visit and post here are brilliant when they say good things about Uconn or negative comments about their team, and clearly learning challenged when they say anything good about their team or bad about Uconn.

10. Uconn is good for the game, full stop. In fact before Uconn vintage 1995, they were using actual peach baskets, leather balls, and I believe you could only bounce the ball three times in the women's game.
Wow, you got me on #1. Geno may not be God?

You do realize you have just severely shaken my faith in the almighty, who has been delivering a bounteous bliss like 10 of the last 21 years, which even for divine beings is a pretty great percentage, especially for ones who don't like a boring and unchallenging world with no real room for wisecracks. I really think you should rethink the use of the qualifier "not" in this case, because its use here seems totally unwarranted.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Wow, you got me on #1. Geno may not be God?

You do realize you have just severely shaken my faith in the almighty, who has been delivering a bounteous bliss like 10 of the last 21 years, which even for divine beings is a pretty great percentage, especially for ones who don't like a boring and unchallenging world with no real room for wisecracks. I really think you should rethink the use of the qualifier "not" in this case, because its use here seems totally unwarranted.
Hey - you are completely ignoring my use of the qualifying term 'may' - some people believe in a female deity, and Geno in drag is not an image I want to have burned into my brain!!! The 'may not' was strictly to follow the great USA tradition of inclusiveness for people of all faiths - those that worship in the house that Geno built, and those that adhere to a different deity, or none at all. :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You, are an expert.

That will be $5, please.
Whoa, I didn't know you were getting that kind of money out of M7. Sorry to be undercutting you with my rate. But then again, I sometimes add qualifiers like "sort of" and "on '60s and '70s rock videos", so I have to go cheaper.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
and Geno in drag is not an image I want to have burned into my brain!!!
Well that's pretty much gonna screw up my head for the next couple hours. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Whoa, I didn't know you were getting that kind of money out of M7. Sorry to be undercutting you with my rate. But then again, I sometimes add qualifiers like "sort of" and "on '60s and '70s rock videos", so I have to go cheaper.
I'm base it on accelerated dollar devaluation caused by multiple rounds of quantitative easing!!!:D

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
1. Geno may not actually be god

blasphemer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics