Here we go again... Mitchell wants Kentucky in "Attack Mode" | The Boneyard

Here we go again... Mitchell wants Kentucky in "Attack Mode"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"We need to be in attack mode on Saturday morning," he said after the Cats were assigned the No. 3 seed in the Notre Dame Regional on Monday.

In practices, in games, Mitchell bellows the word constantly: "Attack. Attack. Attack."

LINK

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Two years of "40 Minutes of Dread" didn't do it, so the catch phrase this year is Banzai! Banzai! Banzai! Oh, Puhlezz. Do you think they sort of snicker at him when he leaves the locker room?

PS. Well Woof I guess I am the basher who got in ahead of you. Thanks for not naming names. No, seriously, if you can find any video of Geno screaming attack, attack, attack, I suspect you can sell that to about 20 Div 1 programs that would take it on recruiting home visits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"We need to be in attack mode on Saturday morning," he said after the Cats were assigned the No. 3 seed in the Notre Dame Regional on Monday.

In practices, in games, Mitchell bellows the word constantly: "Attack. Attack. Attack."

LINK

Nice link, thank you. Not sure of why anyone here would bash this (but they will) as it is a page right out of Geno's book. Any good coach realizes getting a superior team in foul trouble is an equalizer.
Another coach helping to get the womans game recognized. Nice!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell is my least favorite coach in the SEC because he whines all game long.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Nice link, thank you. Not sure of why anyone here would bash this (but they will) as it is a page right out of Geno's book. Any good coach realizes getting a superior team in foul trouble is an equalizer.
Another coach helping to get the womans game recognized. Nice!
If it works. My question would be, isn't he tipping the hand for the team? Any team going up against the Wildcats know what they need to prepare for and how to exploit KY's strategy. Geno is always more cagey about team strategies, and opponents are never quite sure what UConn is going to throw at them from their wide arsenal of defensive and offensive strategies.

It's one thing in ramping up the pressure on an opponent and making them anxious about the wave of dread about to wash over them. It's another matter when they have moved to higher ground and know how to let that wave kind of peter out harmlessly. With all their big wins, there's a reason KY lost 8 games this year, some to very poor teams.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Was their 4OT win over Baylor their 60 minutes of cred?

Reaction Score
Matthew Mitchell is my least favorite coach in the SEC because he whines all game long.
I like him. His antics are sometimes very entertaining.
Sort of like baseball's most exciting play when a coach kicks sand at the umpire who rears back and tosses him out of the game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
His nickname should be Mr. Mulkey.
Well, Kim is back on the market, isn't she? They're my 2 least favorite women's coaches, so that would be interesting.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, Kim is back on the market, isn't she? They're my 2 least favorite women's coaches, so that would be interesting.

I dislike Mulkey, but I find her very entertaining. I usually get a few laughs out of watching her on the sidelines. A coach blowing her stack never gets old.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
He is such a drama queen on the sideline, it would be better if he starts to wear heels and rip his jacket off like Mulkey!
Why? Obviously Kim proved last year it doesn't work. So why go down that road again?

Much better if you're projecting 40 minutes of dread to wear a "the Scream" mask and frighten up the court a bit. Kim's act just didn't work last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom