Help me project WNBA draft order for the rest of the 2013-14 team | The Boneyard

Help me project WNBA draft order for the rest of the 2013-14 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
So, we're off to a rousing start with this 2013-14 team. Not only did they go 40-0, win an unprecedented ninth NC, and not let a single opponent come within 11 points, but we also got to watch Stef and Bria get drafted in consecutive first-round spots. What's more, I think the draft position of other players on the 2013-14 team will help make a case for its place in history relative to other great UConn teams.

Given this, how do you think the rest of 2013-14 is drafted? Stewie will obviously be the #1 pick of the 1016 draft, but what about KML (if healthy and an All-American throughout the 2014-15 season) in 2015 and Mo 2016? Meanwhile, if Kiah has a productive senior year, do you think she gets drafted, and where?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So, we're off to a rousing start with this 2013-14 team. Not only did they go 40-0, win an unprecedented ninth NC, and not let a single opponent come within 11 points, but we also got to watch Stef and Bria get drafted in consecutive first-round spots. What's more, I think the draft position of other players on the 2013-14 team will help make a case for its place in history relative to other great UConn teams.

Given this, how do you think the rest of 2013-14 is drafted? Stewie will obviously be the #1 pick of the 1016 draft, but what about KML (if healthy and an All-American throughout the 2014-15 season) in 2015 and Mo 2016? Meanwhile, if Kiah has a productive senior year, do you think she gets drafted, and where?
Hard to say at this point regarding Kiah, but I think it's pretty clear KML is the best in that class. Harrison of Tennessee should go #2 - ahead of Williams at this point IMHO. I think Logic and Orrange could go fairly high, and I'd be surprised to see Kiah fall much below 5. For her, it all depends on how productive she is. We all know she can rebound, defend, and block shots. The WNBA will be just as interested to see what kind of offense she can produce IMHO...

Same could be said for the "other" players. Burdick, Massengale, Forthan, Canty, Smith, Laney, Fagbenle - all interesting and none of them overly impressive. Forthan transferred from LSU to the Academy of Art (yes that's a real school) and averaged 20 PPG last season. But i think she won't come out until the following year because of transfer, unless that school is not D1. Either way, not a strong class and outside of the top 3-4 kids in the class, I'm not sure any of the others ultimately make it onto a roster...

Reaction Score
Next year's draft class is very underwhelming and KML certainly has a good shot to go #1, although potentially could go as low as 3 given the proclivities of various WNBA teams. Kiah goes somewhere in the 1st round potentially pretty high given the competition in this class and the willingness of professional teams to gamble on post players. They're happy to get their hands on anyone that can defend and rebound the position.

Moriah could do as high as #2 behind Stewart, which is how they were often ranked coming out of high school. Even though she compensates for her size with her athleticism I could still see it knocking her a few picks back, but probably not out of the top 5.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I think Kiah makes a WNBA roster after a very solid season next year. Had to find a 6'4" that mobile, nose for the ball and great defensive skills and instincts. I feel her offensive game will improve immensely this year and will solidify herself as a 8-10 overall pick next year.

Reaction Score
I think Kiah makes a WNBA roster after a very solid season next year. Had to find a 6'4" that mobile, nose for the ball and great defensive skills and instincts. I feel her offensive game will improve immensely this year and will solidify herself as a 8-10 overall pick next year.
Probably a late first round or a second round pick. As a comparison, Jessica Moore lasted a number of years in the WNBA as a role player.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Given good health ...
I think KML is a top 3 - it just depends on needs and teams picking. If KML were to do a Stef on body transformation then she is #1.
Kiah - back half of 1st round unless she raises her offense to 12-14 ppg or her rebounds and blocks to 15 and 5. If she does one of those then top 6, if she does both, then top 4.
Moriah - top 5
Breanna - #1
Morgan ...? no idea from top 5 to undrafted.
BB - third round
Chong - no idea.
Polly and Lawson - undrafted.

Reaction Score
A healthy KML is #1 NO DOUBT! Liz Williams, Isabelle Harrison, Reshanda Gray and ? should round up the top 5. Stokes draft position will depend on how well she does next year. She will certainly have the opportunity.

Stewert will be #1. Loyd will probably be #2. Moriah probably will go Top 5, at worse Top 10. Lots of intriguing prospects in that class IMO. You have Imani Stafford who is still loaded with potential. Graves took a huge step back this year. Alexis Jones will be dependent on how well she returns from her injury. Courtney Walker (A&M) definitely has game. And then there are other players like Brittany Sykes, Nirra Fields and Brittney Martin who have skills that can translate well in the pro grame.

I agree on Tuck. She can definitely go Top 5 (if she returns back 100%), but injuries seem to be an issue. Hopefully she recovers 100%, as she really is a joy to watch. I don't think she will go ahead of Diamond DeShields even if she was healthy. And you still have players like Alaina Coates, Tyler Scaife and Alaina Coates who have looked very, very impressive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The way Kaleena played and looked in the spring of 2012, she will be the top pick. She's undersized, but she plays hard and smart and is a world-class shooter. She may have trouble scoring inside as a 3 in the WNBA, but can post-up the 2 guards. She's the best player in what is a weak class relative to the year before and year after.

Stewie would be the top pick in almost any year. Her inside and outside game will wreak havoc. How did Elena do as a frosh? Stewie will do even better.

How will Moriah's size work at the next level? I think she'll be fine. In addition to being a great player, she'll help attendance. I think she goes 3rd, after Stewie and Loyd.

Kiah has all the skills to succeed. If she plays assertively next year, as I generally expect, I can see her going top 5. Frankly, I think Harrison and Williams may be the only bigs who are roughly as good. Kiah just needs the right attitude to become a star.

Morgan could be top 5 if healthy. She's undersized at the 4, but should be very good at the 3 in the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom