Helmets? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We get it guys! Some of you don't like the helmets. I'm convinced that for a good number of posters, half of their total posts come from complaining about the helmets. Good thing we have yet another thread that has been turned into that.

Yet another thread? Yeah, all these helmet threads saturating the page every day must be an eyesore. It's too bad that just ignoring them isn't an option.

Reaction Score
The current Helmet needs to go in the dumpster along with anything else related to the prior a$$clowns. The redesign was part of a gimmick to kindle interest when there was a full on dumpster fire. I can't imagine Diaco wanting any reminder of the past around. He also comes from a place of grand tradition. We are a proud state university, not a freakin carny side show act. Time to walk the walk and look the part.

Reaction Score
Yet another thread? Yeah, all these helmet threads saturating the page every day must be an eyesore. It's too bad that just ignoring them isn't an option.

You mean ignoring this thread that started out having absolutely nothing to do with the team helmets? Thanks for the suggestion.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Look, when literally the most positive, upbeat and best posters on the Boneyard, @UConnDan97 has an issue with, it's time for a change.

If Mr. 13-0, says it doesn't make the cut, 'nuff said.

Reaction Score
check out Tulane's new helmet - I am too IT challenged to figure out to show here - but you can see who/what was their inspiration pretty quickly. I am not a fan of our current helmet and don't think it contributes to an outsider's (positive) view of our FB program. Any of the above would be a huge step forward towards demonstrating a big boy view of the sport that matters most.

Reaction Score
Yes, a thread titled "Helmets" and the OP complaining that the pic of that helmet might be a prototype for the upcoming year has nothing to do with the team helmets. My bad.

Reaction Score
Yes, a thread titled "Helmets" and the OP complaining that the pic of that helmet might be a prototype for the upcoming year has nothing to do with the team helmets. My bad.
I'm glad you can see how it has nothing to do with the current helmets. Any time there is any post half-way connected to uniforms or helmets, it inevitably ends in a circle jerk of whining and complaining. Maybe we should just merge them all into one pinned "Helmet B*tching" thread.

Reaction Score
The current Helmet needs to go in the dumpster along with anything else related to the prior a clowns. The redesign was part of a gimmick to kindle interest when there was a full on dumpster fire. I can't imagine Diaco wanting any reminder of the past around. He also comes from a place of grand tradition. We are a proud state university, not a freakin carny side show act. Time to walk the walk and look the part.
If I could have given you 5 likes I would have!

Reaction Score
check out Tulane's new helmet - I am too IT challenged to figure out to show here - but you can see who/what was their inspiration pretty quickly. I am not a fan of our current helmet and don't think it contributes to an outsider's (positive) view of our FB program. Any of the above would be a huge step forward towards demonstrating a big boy view of the sport that matters most.
Ours is many times worse than Tulane's despite the obvious inspiration. the maine difference is that they don't have the dopy eyeballs. Sort of a breaking wave motif doesn't look nearly as stupid. Get rid of Donald the toupee wearing dog and just go with UCONN if you must. I was a fan of both the Block C and the interlocking UC that we wore for one season. But as I said, the eyeball helmets will be forever associated with last season's dumpster fire. Best throw them in one and start over.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The current Helmet needs to go in the dumpster along with anything else related to the prior a clowns. The redesign was part of a gimmick to kindle interest when there was a full on dumpster fire. I can't imagine Diaco wanting any reminder of the past around. He also comes from a place of grand tradition. We are a proud state university, not a freakin carny side show act. Time to walk the walk and look the part.

Precisely. Well said.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Just win games. Do that and nobody will care what the uniforms look like.

Yeah nobody is cancelling their season tickets or turning off the TV because of the helmets.

Obviously everything pales in comparison to winning. The people that design helmets and the people talking about helmets can't actually move the needle on winning football games.

There is no reason to have helmets as bad as UConn's were last season. They tried something new it didn't work - as long as you realize that and make adjustments no problem.

The scariest part of this conversation is the talk about a lack of a budget to have a third helmet or to paint helmets. Yikes.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Look, when literally the most positive, upbeat and best posters on the Boneyard, @UConnDan97 has an issue with, it's time for a change.

If Mr. 13-0, says it doesn't make the cut, 'nuff said.

Thanks for the shout out, my friend... :cool:

Reaction Score
Speaking of Helmets:

http://cdn.fbschedules.com/helmets/2014-aac-helmet-schedule.pdf

Riddell has our currents out:

http://www.riddell.com/media/catalo...66f/8/0/8011089speedmini-connecticutwhite.png

8011089speedmini-connecticutwhite.png

Unfortunately only the P5 conferences have full sets in minis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69