Heavens to Betsy - It's not just a UConn problem... | The Boneyard

Heavens to Betsy - It's not just a UConn problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mengus22 4:40pm via TweetDeck
I have no idea what USF is doing. They have three timeouts and let at least 15 seconds run off the clock before halftime. Wow.

ESPN_ReceDavis 6:37pm via Twitter for iPad
Wisc questionable clock mgmt on run. But still a shot

DanWolken 8:46pm via TweetDeck
Why in the world is James Franklin not calling timeout? Bad coaching.

CeeeRaaaw Nov 17, 11:49pm via Twitter for iPhone
What was Dana Thinking, maybe the worst time management game Ive seen a coach call in all the watching football I've done

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
will beat writers question those coaches?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I had the....pleasure....of seeing the USF clock mismanagement. What a moment. At the end, Skip was chatting with the quarterback while patting himself on the chest, almost as if to say, "My bad." Um, Skip? Yes. Yes, it was your bad...

Reaction Score
I had the....pleasure....of seeing the USF clock mismanagement. What a moment. At the end, Skip was chatting with the quarterback while patting himself on the chest, almost as if to say, "My bad." Um, Skip? Yes. Yes, it was your bad...
I saw that one too.....what hell was he thinking? My better half was screaming stop he clock! Lol Then she looks at me and says "why wouldn't he call timeout?". I had no answer for her.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If only USF kept it to 5 TDs you could chalk it up to clock management.

I'd actually point out when they were down 40-3 and kicked a field goal. I won't even bother to check if they kicked onsides because they quit in the first quarter.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If only USF kept it to 5 TDs you could chalk it up to clock management.

I'd actually point out when they were down 40-3 and kicked a field goal. I won't even bother to check if they kicked onsides because they quit in the first quarter.

At the time, the score was 16-0. Going into the locker room 16-7 feels a heck of a lot different than going in at 16-3. Then, USF might have only quit late in the fourth quarter, instead of just quitting when they came out of the locker room...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the time, the score was 16-0. Going into the locker room 16-7 feels a heck of a lot different than going in at 16-3. Then, USF might have only quit late in the fourth quarter, instead of just quitting when they came out of the locker room...

Even Skip said in the postgame it was a mistake and didn't impact the outcome. You don't lose 40-9 by mistake. Seriously it was stupid but did not matter. They got destroyed.

Reaction Score
Even Skip said in the postgame it was a mistake and didn't impact the outcome. You don't lose 40-9 by mistake. Seriously it was stupid but did not matter. They got destroyed.

You mean like PP not having CW take a knee :)?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

Did you expect him to say, "It was a mistake and DID impact the outcome. My bad."???? Being down two touchdowns at halftime against an in-state rival must do wonders for the psyche. But again, I have no faith that USF can finish anyone off, since they are so horrible in the second half of games. I mean, they would need the opponent to turn the ball over three consecutive times to even have a chance of....oh crap...:oops:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did you expect him to say, "It was a mistake and DID impact the outcome. My bad."???? Being down two touchdowns at halftime against an in-state rival must do wonders for the psyche. But again, I have no faith that USF can finish anyone off, since they are so horrible in the second half of games. I mean, they would need the opponent to turn the ball over three consecutive times to even have a chance of....oh crap...:oops:

I think if it had impacted the outcome it would have been evident. They got beat as bad as you can get beat. Those four points were not going to make any difference. God he is a disaster though, I thought he'd do a good job there.

Reaction Score

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think if it had impacted the outcome it would have been evident. They got beat as bad as you can get beat. Those four points were not going to make any difference. God he is a disaster though, I thought he'd do a good job there.

So did I...

Reaction Score
Just so we can be sure we are apples to apples here, how many of those games were still close at the time?

Reaction Score
Just so we can be sure we are apples to apples here, how many of those games were still close at the time?

At least Wisc and WVA were... not really the point though. Clock management issues happen every week in both the NFl and CFB.

Reaction Score
At least Wisc and WVA were... not really the point though. Clock management issues happen every week in both the NFl and CFB.

I guess it's ok the P has bad clock management every week. I feel a lot better knowing that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom