Heat sign Shabazz Napier to $1.2m rookie contract | The Boneyard

Heat sign Shabazz Napier to $1.2m rookie contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If duplicated in another thread - please delete.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2014/7/18/5917233/miami-heat-sign-shabazz-napier-to-rookie-contract

>>The Miami Heat have announced the official signing of rookie Shabazz Napier just hours after locking up Udonis Haslem to a multi-year deal. The point guard will be earning around $1.2 million in his first year after being 24th in the first round of the 2014 NBA Draft.

"Shabazz is a proven winner and one of the most mature college players that I have ever met," said HEAT President Pat Riley. "Not only did he help lead UConn to two NCAA Championships, but he also knows exactly what he needs to do to make an impact at the NBA level. I believe the experience he had during the Summer League is going to payoff in leaps and bounds when training camp begins."<<

C

Chief00

Quite frankly,well deserved - and more to come with hard work and study over the upcoming years.

Reaction Score
Sweet, almost a millionaire (he's getting there). Not bad for a kid raised by a single parent in the hood. I have a feeling if he saves his money, he won't need basketball like so many others, but will succeed whatever he chooses to do, but he will do it being rich. He's such a good, strong minded/willed kid.

He earned it, especially being short and not highly recruited or well known. Nobody (so to speak) to Somebody!

Good story and role model. In high school his name never came up here during the recruiting process, like the names thrown around here nowadays. Could be Calhoun's most legendary recruit, considering how he got here.

So happy for him.

Reaction Score
Sweet, almost a millionaire (he's getting there). Not bad for a kid raised by a single parent in the hood. I have a feeling if he saves his money, he won't need basketball like so many others, but will succeed whatever he chooses to do, but he will do it being rich. He's such a good, strong minded/willed kid.

He earned it, especially being short and not highly recruited or well known. Nobody (so to speak) to Somebody!

Good story and role model. In high school his name never came up here during the recruiting process, like the names thrown around here nowadays. Could be Calhoun's most legendary recruit, considering how he got here.

So happy for him.

This is just the first of handful of contracts he`ll sign throughout his career. He will make a good living for a long time in this league. congrats bazz!

Reaction Score
Great person, great, story..........and great player! So happy for him, his mom and for us as fans to have had the pleasure of experiencing his grit, determination, humility, eloquence and magic both on and off the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This kid has coach written all over him
I get the feeling that his pro career will a point st-grad education.
Mentally reminds me more of Billy Donavan than KO.

Reaction Score
Just curious, was the signing of the contract a formality? I would assume a lot of these guys wouldn't want to play in the summer league and risk injury unless they were already under contract?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just curious, was the signing of the contract a formality? I would assume a lot of these guys wouldn't want to play in the summer league and risk injury unless they were already under contract?

Yeah, 1st round is a slotted, guaranteed contract. Guy can break both legs and he still gets his money.

But still, it's nice to see Shabazz cash in. Can't take away 1.2 mil.

Reaction Score
Two years guaranteed at that level, then two-years of team options then qualifying offer/restricted free agency...

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Way to go Bazz! Will be happy to say "I knew you when". Here's to the first of many profitable contracts in the NBA. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom