Heads up for Webster Bank Arena Bridgeport game vs Temple 1/11/14 | The Boneyard

Heads up for Webster Bank Arena Bridgeport game vs Temple 1/11/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Attended UConn men's game at Webster yesterday. Parking was $20 (cash only) in various Webster lots and garages. Backup off the exit was already in play at 12:05 PM for a 1 PM game. I recommend making a right off the I 95 South exit 27 to Lafayette Boulevard and either using on street metered parking or use one of several nearby garages. Some people were parking in the Bob's Discount Furniture lot. I would not recommend doing that. If you continue to State St you can make a right and go about 3 blocks to corner of State and Water where there is a garage at 70 State St. There were also several other garages in the area including one on John St where there was a garage with a sign out front indicating all day parking for $5. Only about a 10 minute walk from these parking areas to the arena. Better than spending 30 mins or more waiting to get in the Webster parking areas. No fun getting out of these Webster lots/garages after the game either. From these other parking areas you can access 95 and/or RT 8 easily. Here's a link to one set of garages http://www.imperialparkingbpt.com/locations-rates/

Reaction Score
Ouch..is that Webster Bank Arena rates on a regular basis, or a mark up for Uconn games? I dare say that is worse than the XL Center. I checked out the Shoreline East, but that involve parking in New Haven..no savings there. Thanks for your parking links.

Reaction Score
Ouch..is that Webster Bank Arena rates on a regular basis, or a mark up for Uconn games? I dare say that is worse than the XL Center. I checked out the Shoreline East, but that involve parking in New Haven..no savings there. Thanks for your parking links.
I believe it varies depending on the event. Obviously the perception of those setting the rate is that UConn fans can pay the higher rate. We paid $15 for the women's regionals there last year. It was the most I ever paid for parking in CT.

Reaction Score
The most convenient way to get to the game would be to park in New Haven (if you are coming from the north or east) and take the train (3.50 each way) and you only have to walk a couple of blocks

Reaction Score
As a longtime Boneyard lurker, I think I may be able to (finally) add some insight into a thread . I was also at the men’s game last week and agree with all that the OP said. I’m a local Fairfield County resident and have attended many events at the Webster arena. Unfortunately, when there’s an event that will draw more than 8k (John Mayer, Elton John, etc.) the logistics and parking coming off I-95 fall a little short. Here’s what I do.

1.) Get there early: The gates opened at 12:00 for the 1:00 men’s game and will open at 10:30 for the 12:00 women’s game. Getting there early will increase you parking options. Go to the arena’s parking page to familiarize yourself with their parking options and also check Google maps to familiarize yourself. I, however, prefer to avoid the I-95 chaos and do this instead:

2.) Come down the route 8/25 connector south instead of I-95. Super easy if you are coming from Waterbury or Hartford (via the Merritt Parkway). Take exit 3 for Main St. south and head down Main St. I’m a big fan of free parking so once you go down about ½ mile and you are near the Bridgeport Holiday Inn on the corner of Main St & Fairfield Ave look for a free street spot (no meter collection on Saturday!) on Main St or a side street. These fill up quickly the closer you get to the arena. If you feel more comfortable parking in the garage behind the Holiday inn that’s no more than $8. From there you are a less than a 10 minute walk down Main St. to the arena. Don’t forget to admire the architecture of the PT Barnum museum as you walk past.

3.) Super secret tip for getting into the arena (you did not here this from me!). The security line in front of the arena can be quite long. There is, however, a side entrance between the parking garage and the arena that has a sign that says something to the effect of “Premium seat entrance”. Don’t be fooled. They let in anyone with a ticket and are super nice. I use this entrance for every event and save a lot of time.

4.) Once you are in the arena I suggest having an adult beverage and a bite to eat in the Limerick Pub that’s on the main concourse. Just make sure each adult is there to get the drink as the bartenders cannot let you order more than one drink at a time. Hopefully this doesn’t pose a problem for double-fisted Boneyarders.

5.) Enjoy the game. I have been to each Women’s NCAA tournament that the Arena has hosted. It’s a GREAT crowd with lots of energy. People who don’t normally make the trip to Storrs or Hartford. IMHO better than XL crowds for non-marquee matchups. Hopefully regular season games will be an annual event here. As you walk back up Main St. have a cocktail or lunch at Ralph ‘n’ Rich’s. A fantastic Italian restaurant across from the Barnum museum.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The most convenient way to get to the game would be to park in New Haven (if you are coming from the north or east) and take the train (3.50 each way) and you only have to walk a couple of blocks
West Haven now has a train station and parking is free on weekends and there are plenty of spots. Off exit 42 from I95 South take a right and go straight for about a half mile station is on right. Ticket machines available.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
As a longtime Boneyard lurker, I think I may be able to (finally) add some insight into a thread .
hey DG thanks for chiming in, Happy Holidays

Reaction Score
FYI here's an alert from Webster Bank Arena for those going to the Temple game this Saturday:

clear.gif
UCONN WOMEN'S BASKETBALL
January 11th, 2014 at 12:00pm

PARKING AND TRAFFIC ALERT

Beat the rush! This game will be sold out. We recommend fans arrive early to avoid delays and congestion.

Doors for Saturday's UCONN Women's Basketball Game will open early at 10:30am and the game will begin promptly at 12:00pm. The Limerick Pub at Webster Bank Arena will open at 10:00am and will serve food and drinks for ticketed patrons who arrive early.

Ample parking is available onsite at $20 cash only.

Reaction Score
I so happy this game is in Bridgeport, I plan on taking the Train from Naugatuck close to where I live in Prospect.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
West Haven now has a train station and parking is free on weekends and there are plenty of spots. Off exit 42 from I95 South take a right and go straight for about a half mile station is on right. Ticket machines available.
May try that one. Was looking at Waterbury, but not many trains that way. This gives lot's more options going in and out.

Jim

Reaction Score
Another way to reduce the cost of parking at Webster Arena is join up with other BoneYarders and car pool using the ConnDOT Park & Ride lots. There are a number of them in the Trumbull and Fairfield areas, particularly on the Merritt (which would be only 10-15 minutes from the arena along Route 8). These commuter lots are free of charge, on a first come, first served basis. Meet up with other BYers, enjoy their company, split the costs, save on gas, and have fun!!!

Reaction Score
As much as I opposed the station in West Haven (an un-needed multi-million dollar Taj-Mahal), it is really - really convenient and safe....and FREE on-the-weekend is good.

Enjoy your tax dollars at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc