has progeny of exemplar | The Boneyard

has progeny of exemplar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
athletes ever been exemplary?

mike Jordan had sons who could not play

yaz has grandson in minors

any foosbal examples .. hockey .. tennis . . track and field . nascar (not really sport, just man-machine interface)
ping pong . . chess . .

N.B.-for frosh of class of 2018: ping pong in mail room of dorm an excellent coed icebraker

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Uhhhhhh I don't know if you're asking this, but the long family has very good kids in the nfl right now.

Reaction Score
Mr. sam cassell was very very good. Junior? summer league results portend less than hoped for

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is chap asking for a list where both the father and son are both great or where the father is great and the son is good but not prodigious? Here's an incomplete list of the former.

Football:
Both Matthews brothers (Clay and Bruce) have sons (Clay Jr. and Jake,, respectively) in the NFL.
Howie and Jake Long.
1/2: Calvin and Grant Hill (Basketball)
1/2: Ken and Ken Norton Jr.
Mosi and Lofa Tatupu
Archie was pretty good, but Peyton is in the argument for best regular season QB ever and is 1st ballot HOFer.

Hockey:
The Sutters
The Howes (Gordie played with his two sons in Hartford)
Bobby and Brett Hull

Baseball:
Bob, Brett, and Aaron Boone
Ken Griffey and The Kid.
Tony Armas and Tony Armas Jr.
Ken and Chris Singleton
Gus and Buddy Bell

Don't follow Tennis or Track very closely

Motorsports
Mario, Michael, and Jeff Andretti
Al and Al jr. Unsers
Dale and Dale Jr. Earnhardt

Basketball:
Rick, Brent, and Jon Barry.

Reaction Score
Lee and Richard Petty. Kyle has been less impressive.
Cecil and Prince Fielder
The Alomars
Rick Barry and his sons, especially Brent

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lots of examples in soccer, including the Laudrups, Forlans, etc.

Starting to see some second-generation US internationals as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Steve was his dad, though I don't think I'd call Steve Swisher a "star." I have that memorized because I've read Moneyball about 46 times.
Yeah, I don't remember that part of the movie. :rolleyes:

There was a chapter or two dedicated to the draft (that year and year prior) that never made it into the movie. It also gave too much credit to for their success to Giambi, Damon, and Isringhausen. They still had Chavez, Tejada and more importantly, Mulder, Zito, and Hudson? I know Hollywood has to appeal to a broader audience than just us baseball geeks, but this was certainly not one of Sorkin's best efforts.

I am on the record that the movie should not have been called Moneyball because it is based on the book under only the loosest of definitions.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't remember that part of the movie. :rolleyes:

There was a chapter or two dedicated to the draft (that year and year prior) that never made it into the movie. It also gave too much credit to for their success to Giambi, Damon, and Isringhausen. They still had Chavez, Tejada and more importantly, Mulder, Zito, and Hudson? I know Hollywood has to appeal to a broader audience than just us baseball geeks, but this was certainly not one of Sorkin's best efforts.

I am on the record that the movie should not have been called Moneyball because it is based on the book under only the loosest of definitions.

Yeah, I still liked the movie, but the chapters about the draft and the Ray Durham trade were easily the two best parts of the book, and neither made it into the movie. That Nick Swisher was never so much as mentioned in the movie was really disappointing, based on how much he was talked about in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom