Hartley cracks the starting lineup for Washington... | The Boneyard

Hartley cracks the starting lineup for Washington...

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

In 22 minutes so far, 7-11 from the field, 1-2 from 3, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal - 15 points. Not too shabby...

U

UCONNfan1

BTW... Not to start a new thread, but Maya Moore's numbers in the FIRST 10 MINUTES...

6-9 overall, 2-3 from beyond the arc, 1 rebound, 16 points...:eek:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
UCONNfan1 said:
BTW... Not to start a new thread, but Maya Moore's numbers in the FIRST 10 MINUTES... 6-9 overall, 2-3 from beyond the arc, 1 rebound, 16 points...:eek:
Make that 19 with a leaner from beyond the arc just before the clock wound down to close the 1st Q !!

Oops make that an even 20 pts....forgot about that free throw :)

Reaction Score
Bria is starting at least a month or two ahead of any hopes/projections I may have had. Washington's offense was quicker, mare active, more dangerous, more poised to strike when she was running the point last Friday against Minnesota.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Watched the game after I came home from the Sun game. Bria looked very good. It appears that she is still THE BOMB.

Reaction Score
Not to rain on the parade a little, but Mystics sent out a tweet that Latta had injured her chest during the week so was playing limited minutes, and that's why Bria started.

Reaction Score
Doesn't take away from her performance at all.

Absolutely not. That's why I said rain just a little; the title of the thread was Bria cracks the starting lineup.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Doesn't take away from her performance at all.
Totally true. Very few freshmen enter the league and instantly start. It only happens at UCONN for freshmen when injuries occur, or in Stef's case, when there is no center on the roster. I think this year, McBride, Ogwumike, and Howard are all starters, and all doing very well for the teams they play for. Is Simms starting? Any other rookies? It seems like this rookie class was very strong.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
This early on, they certainly appear to be having greater success in their rookie year than two of the 'three to see' from last year

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Absolutely not. That's why I said rain just a little; the title of the thread was Bria cracks the starting lineup.

I could be wrong but didn't Ivory come in for Kara in the early going and play quite well? Why would Coach T rotate her in early in a game when they had a good lead if she were not fit to start?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but didn't Ivory come in for Kara in the early going and play quite well? Why would Coach T rotate her in early in a game when they had a good lead if she were not fit to start?

Just telling you what the tweet said.

upload_2014-5-24_12-34-23.png

Reaction Score
Thanks for that info, and I wasn't doubting your knowledge of the situation, but don't you agree that it is odd?

No idea. Could just be a team policy that you don't practice you don't start. Some people really consider that an honor I guess.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In the Washington Post article this morning, Mike said he thinks he has a pretty good rotation of Kara, Bria, and Ivory. I tend to agree.

I'm hoping to go see them vs. the Seattle Sues tonight.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched Bria in warmups last night. She had nice arc on her shots and made most of them. I was happy. :)

Reaction Score
This early on, they certainly appear to be having greater success in their rookie year than two of the 'three to see' from last year

1. Right now, we are no more than five games into the season. A bit early to pour water on a nice, very worthwhile promotion of the game. As much as many would like to tout the virtue of basketball being a team game, stars are what generate fan interest.
2. You may very well prove me wrong, but Ogwumike and Schimmel aside, the two to whom you refer from last year had rookie seasons that match up to this year's crop of rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom