Hartford's XL Center Lands AAC Men's Basketball Tournament For 2015 | The Boneyard

Hartford's XL Center Lands AAC Men's Basketball Tournament For 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I can live with this. An opportunity to showcase UConn hoops at home is a positive and a good reward for our fans.

pj

Reaction Score
27 month notice to leave AAC (or so). Invite could come in 2015.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We're not going anywhere in the next year. We're in Year 2 of the 3-5 Year B1G Plan. While we are in purgatory, at least we get thrown a bone for our part in elevating AAC credibility.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind, Aresco's strategy has been to hype the big boys even as they were walking out the door. He humped Louisville's leg for the last year. The guy just doesn't have a nasty streak.

Reaction Score
At least they waited until the parade was over before they announced this. Really bad news for UConn fans.
I don't understand how this is really bad news for UConn fans. We are going to be playing in the AAC next year, even if we get a B1G or ACC invite tomorrow. I personally think this is great for UConn and Hartford. We get a home court advantage and we don't need to spend money on traveling to AAC tourney, we can save up for NCAA.

We were in Memphis last month for the tourney and it was a blast. But I am glad they did move it and even happier it's in Hartford. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
I don't understand how this is really bad news for UConn fans. We are going to be playing in the AAC next year, even if we get a B1G or ACC invite tomorrow. I personally think this is great for UConn and Hartford. We get a home court advantage and we don't need to spend money on traveling to AAC tourney, we can save up for NCAA.

We were in Memphis last month for the tourney and it was a blast. But I am glad they did move it and even happier it's in Hartford. GO HUSKIES
You misinterpret my line of thinking. I assumed that if there was inside information that UConn was about to go to another conference, then the AAC would have elected to showcase a different city and a different school. Now that they have chosen Hartford, it appears to me that it means that UConn will not be leaving the AAC anytime soon. I believe that the AAC tournament will be very successful in Hartford next year and will UConn will do well in the tourney. I was just trying to read in between the lines in these decisions. Too paranoid? Maybe.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Are you kids really this stupid?

What conference did you think we were going to play in next year?

Okielite told me that MAC, was that not accurate papa-Fish?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Can ya say "Boneyard Social"?

Reaction Score
You misinterpret my line of thinking. I assumed that if there was inside information that UConn was about to go to another conference, then the AAC would have elected to showcase a different city and a different school. Now that they have chosen Hartford, it appears to me that it means that UConn will not be leaving the AAC anytime soon. I believe that the AAC tournament will be very successful in Hartford next year and will UConn will do well in the tourney. I was just trying to read in between the lines in these decisions. Too paranoid? Maybe.
what makes me paranoid, when I just disagree with your statement. Were they are going to have the AAC tourney next year has nothing to do with our chances in conference realignment. You keep reading between the lines. Too paranoid maybe ?

Reaction Score
what makes me paranoid, when I just disagree with your statement. Were they are going to have the AAC tourney next year has nothing to do with our chances in conference realignment. You keep reading between the lines. Too paranoid maybe ?
He was saying that HE is maybe too paranoid.

Reaction Score
2015 is fine. I would be concerned if 2016-17 tournament is still in Hartford. There is still a chance we could be out of here before then.

Reaction Score
Correct. It appears that you understand how crazy I am.
Buddy, I truly apologize for misunderstanding the paranoid comment. I am also hoping we get out of the AAC ( just like everyone else). What would be great is that we win the AAC tourney in Hartford and we know at that time that we are off to either the B1G ( my choice) or ACC. Wishful thinking , but I can always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom