Harsh.... | The Boneyard

Harsh....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The Lady Lions played more like the 113th best team in the nation instead of the 13th. (In the first half.)

The Lady Lions missed all eight 3-point attempts, shot 23 percent overall from the floor and committed a whopping 10 turnovers. Lucas snapped her 21 for 21 free throw streak with a miss. And Taylor missed an all-alone fastbreak layup attempt, that wouldn't have mattered much anyway in the final score.

"I saw a lot of inexperience," coach Coquese Washington said. "I saw a lot of hesitation and indecisiveness. That leads to inefficiency and ineffectiveness, especially on the offensive end. But we need experience, so we like playing these kind of games because it shows a lot about ourselves."

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I didn't think that was fair at all. They closed down on us a couple of times.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I can't remember who it was that made the run at Taylor but she wasn't all alone and had to adjust and just lost air at the end and couldn't quite get enough on the ball to get it over the rim. Yes, those first two are definitely harsh. The third is Washington from her presser and was just saying that the offense suffered from it being early in the year, playing new folks who have yet to gel, and having a lot of freshman getting big minutes.
On that last ... you don't necessarily see those problems when you play against overmatched teams because the defense pressure isn't there - against a really good team all the mistakes are magnified and what is a poorly made but completed pass becomes a turnover and often 2 points on a fast break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom