harrison barnes | The Boneyard

harrison barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i've watched barnes play 8-10 times in the last two years. not a fan at all and was very very surprised that he was ranked as the top athlete in the combines.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/6/12/3080438/nba-draft-2012-results-harrison-barnes

i mean the guy doesn't look explosive on the court so it was just surprising to see how he was the fastest guy on the court and had a 40 inch vert. can you be extremely athletic and it not translate onto the court at all? i mean many guys are uber-athletes but can't play ball, but at least it is evident they are superior athletes. barnes does not appear to be an elite athlete on the court but in the gym i guess he is!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Interesting

FWIW (nothing at all), I saw him on ESPN yesterday and he seems like a great kid. Very humble. Said all the right things.

Reaction Score
Interesting

FWIW (nothing at all), I saw him on ESPN yesterday and he seems like a great kid. Very humble. Said all the right things.

Always remember to ask yourself when reading these posts "did they go to UConn or not?" Lamb and Drummond, to outsiders, had a less than stellar year but here in CT they are the stars of the draft.

Reaction Score
I love Barnes.. he has an NBA game.. can shoot off the pull-up.. not super athletic but knows how to play

caw

Reaction Score
Barnes got a good situation in GS for him. He wasn't high enough to have a ton of pressure on him.

Reaction Score
Barnes doesn't impress me either , but being the best athlete in the combine only means he can do drills , unfortunately for him it doesn't translate into game performance.

Reaction Score
I'm a UConn fan I dont think Drummond is the star of this draft. I like Barnes think he will be solid average 15-18 a game play decent defense. Thought the Cavs should of taken him Waiters and Irving don't fit to me.

Reaction Score
I saw someone who praised Barnes as being a steal in the draft. I saw another slam Barnes and where he was drafted.

Reaction Score
Always remember to ask yourself when reading these posts "did they go to UConn or not?" Lamb and Drummond, to outsiders, had a less than stellar year but here in CT they are the stars of the draft.

Nail on the head - although can't single out this board. Bias is lathered in the internet community world. Barnes is a really good kid - maybe too nice. Needs to find some aggression, he has all the measurables. He still feels really, really young. Has a baby face in a close up interview - hasn't developed into a man yet, which is the case for a lot of these kids. I still think he has some upside that he can grow into as he physically matures.

Reaction Score
i've watched barnes play 8-10 times in the last two years. not a fan at all and was very very surprised that he was ranked as the top athlete in the combines.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/6/12/3080438/nba-draft-2012-results-harrison-barnes

i mean the guy doesn't look explosive on the court so it was just surprising to see how he was the fastest guy on the court and had a 40 inch vert. can you be extremely athletic and it not translate onto the court at all? i mean many guys are uber-athletes but can't play ball, but at least it is evident they are superior athletes. barnes does not appear to be an elite athlete on the court but in the gym i guess he is!
He's quick and can jump, but he may not have that explosive first step like a LeBron.

Reaction Score
all the great skills in isolation does not translate into the mind and body of a REAL game. Too many of tehse kids and do drills but the nuts and bolts of the game separate good from great. I watch these trainers work with young kids and they have all the right moves and they look slick as heck, but in a game the have trouble with the ebb and flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom