Harper's Article: It All Started With Sue Bird | The Boneyard

Harper's Article: It All Started With Sue Bird

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

It All Started With Sue Bird

The WNBA legend on her new documentary, In the Clutch, and why the work never really stops, even during retirement

Sue Bird is not really into astrology, but she knows she is a Libra.

As a point guard, Bird embodied the very essence of Libra energy every time she stepped on the court—having to balance the different styles of play of each one of her teammates, learning each of their preferred communication methods, or bringing the team together when they started to fracture or fall out of sync. Libras, the ultimate diplomats, are often concerned with balance and fairness. Over the course of Bird’s 19-year career in the WNBA, the league went from a fledgling afterthought in the world of sports to being on the verge of mainstream viewership. Her single-minded focus on being the Seattle Storm’s unwavering, reliable leader was a thread that tied those two disparate phases of the league’s existence together.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sue Bird is who I looked up to and wanted to be like when I started playing basketball at the tender age of 9. I tried to pattern my style of playing after hers.
How id that work for you? :eek:
:cool:

Reaction Score
So, in light of recent announcements, I clicked on this post thinking it has some correlation between Kellie Harper and Sue Bird....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom