Happy anniversary Caroline | The Boneyard

Happy anniversary Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The quintessential UConn player, both before and after she blew out the knee. Never made AA, but AAA in my book. There must have been times when she was really feeling down, but she never let it show, and always played at the highest level her wheels would allow. Glad she is happy at Nike, but hope she ends up in coaching. She would make a great one.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
As we take an imaginary stroll down memory lane, Let's recall three pivotal head-to-head recruiting competitions between UConn and Tennessee. There were surely others, but I posit that these three symbolized the changing of the guard:

Shea Ralph

Caroline Doty

Maya Moore​

We can only wonder how things would have transpired had these three gone south.

Reaction Score
Hey Caroline, please, take care of your teeth. Why, because if someone is serious about you; As you know, before buying a horse one checks the teeth first, for value !

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Miss your heart, spunk, & smile, Caroline. Can't believe it's been 2 years...glad you're happy & successful! Always knew you would be!

Reaction Score
Miss your heart, spunk, & smile, Caroline. Can't believe it's been 2 years...glad you're happy & successful! Always knew you would be!

It's only been one year!

Reaction Score
Hey Caroline, please, take care of your teeth. Why, because if someone is serious about you; As you know, before buying a horse one checks the teeth first, for value !
Are you a dentist or something?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It's only been one year!

Seems like two!

Back to W.C. Fields to illustrate how this works.

The great comedian fell ill and went to his doctor. After the examination, he asked for the diagnosis (and prognosis). The doctor shook his head ruefully and said, "It's bad." "How bad?" "Bill, I hate to tell you this, but you have only a year to live. [pause to let it sink in.] So now you know the sad news, what will you do?"

Fields: "I'll go back home to Philadelphia."

Doctor: "Why go back there, to a place you despise so much?" (His "hatred" for his home town was legendary, and a staple of his repetoire.)

"One year in Philadelphia, it will seem like two."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc