Hangover III | The Boneyard

Hangover III

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. In fact, I actually liked it. I liked the focus on Chow and Alan. I didn't need another movie with Ed Helms getting abused and Bradley Cooper being sexy. Every scene with Chow is funny. The battle with the fighting chickens was hilarious. Breaking into the house was funny. Even trying to capture Chow was funny.

It wasn't the greatest movie I ever saw by any means, but I was expecting Caddyshack II, and this was actually decent. It is only about 1:40, which is good. It is a little too dark because there are a few murders and some animal cruelty, but there are mainstream comedies that do worse. I was entertained, and would recommend it if you can have modest expectations.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, the second one was so bad that I had no intention of watching the third one.

I don't know if there has ever been as dramatic a fall off between a movie and its sequel...but the third one was not bad. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, but it was not bad.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Honestly, the second one was so bad that I had no intention of watching the third one.

I don't know if there has ever been as dramatic a fall off between a movie and its sequel...but the third one was not bad. I'm glad I didn't pay to see it, but it was not bad.

Come on now. The drop off from I to II can be a lot worse than the Hangover II. First of all, you must not have a daughter or young nieces, because if you did you would know that Disney has released straight to video sequels of some of their big budget animation movies. It has been The Little Mermaid II literally burns your eyes and ears.

Let's leave the straight to video releases out, because that is too easy. I will also leave out movies like Revenge of the Nerds II or Police Academy II because the original sucked too. For this to work, the first movie has to be really good and the sequel has to suck. Using a III or IV is also cheating.

I would say Caddyshack II is still the gold standard for drop off to a sequel. Grease 2 is an abomination, and I am amazed and thankful that it did not kill Michelle Pfeifers career. Fletch Lives definitely makes the Top 10. Highlander II is up there. Any others?

Reaction Score
2 was the same movie as 1. Same pacing, same jokes, so I liked it. Still need to hit up that rooftop restaurant one of these days.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom