Hamilton is a stud | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hamilton is a stud

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Deandre dropped 27 and 10 against Iowa St. in the sweet 16 and 20 and 10 against Florida in the final four.

I really like Hamilton's play and I think his ceiling is higher than Daniels but I wouldn't call him an upgrade yet. I think he will get there, but he's not there yet.
Yes I should have said potential to be an upgrade. I think he can do everything DD did and then some. So I think he will have less games in which he "disappears". But potential or higher ceiling should have been incorporated into my post.

Reaction Score
Yes I should have said potential to be an upgrade. I think he can do everything DD did and then some. So I think he will have less games in which he "disappears". But potential or higher ceiling should have been incorporated into my post.

DD had a back to the basket post game that Hamilton doesn't seem to have in place. Hamilton has a higher ceiling as a rebounder and defender.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
DD had a back to the basket post game that Hamilton doesn't seem to have in place. Hamilton has a higher ceiling as a rebounder and defender.

And he is a better ball handler. Hamilton's game translates better to the NBA, which is what worries me. He needs some more strength, and aside from that, he looks like the real deal for the next level. Hope we can keep him another year.

caw

Reaction Score
Shame he's transferring to UCLA soon...20 minutes or so.

Seriously though, wish UConn had also gottenhis brother.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I continue to be astounded by how quick he is for his height. He is working hard on D and can beat little guys going over the screen. He's shown a really nice left-handed dribble and his passing has been surprisingly good. He gets in and mixes it up on the boards and has had some nice blocks as well. I don't see him as another Ray or Rip in the sense that he does not really seem to have a jumpshot that he can get off from some distance....his 3 pointers tend to be set-shots. I wish that we could have Blaney or someone like that come in and re-work the mechanics of shooting with Rodney and Daniel like George did with Kemba. But, nitpicking aside, dham is just a great addition.

Reaction Score
I continue to be astounded by how quick he is for his height. He is working hard on D and can beat little guys going over the screen. He's shown a really nice left-handed dribble and his passing has been surprisingly good. He gets in and mixes it up on the boards and has had some nice blocks as well. I don't see him as another Ray or Rip in the sense that he does not really seem to have a jumpshot that he can get off from some distance....his 3 pointers tend to be set-shots. I wish that we could have Blaney or someone like that come in and re-work the mechanics of shooting with Rodney and Daniel like George did with Kemba. But, nitpicking aside, dham is just a great addition.
I don't see much wrong with DH shooting 52% and 58% from 3.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't see much wrong with DH shooting 52% and 58% from 3.

His results have been very good so far. I'm not sure he can get a jumper off if he's guarded closely on the perimeter. His shooting reminds me SOME of Jerome Dyson. Setshots from 3, somewhat low release point. He just does not have the classic jumpshot form that we saw with Ray, Rip, Ben, and Shabazz. I think that this could limit his consistency as well as his ability to be the "end of shot clock go to guy."

Reaction Score
First off...great win and DH was a huge part of it. He is a complete stud offensively and has shown he can do it all. Nobody is going to bring up his defense? I'm not worried because that's something KO can coach him on but it has been awful so far. He doesn't help and has been burnt multiple times.

Reaction Score
the cynic is me is taking over. how is it possible that every player is either horrible and not playing to expectations (Purvis and Nolan lately), or playing too well such that they declare early for the NBA (Hamilton)...
this board is becoming neurotic.

Reaction Score
With his build and skill set, D Ham reminds me of Chris Douglas Roberts at Memphis. D Ham looks to be further along in his development entering college, but CDR left Memphis as a tall guard who could score all over the court, rebound and pass.

I don't expect Hamilton to have a season like CDR's in 2008, but he can be the same kind of do-it-all matchup nightmare this year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
the cynic is me is taking over. how is it possible that every player is either horrible and not playing to expectations (Purvis and Nolan lately), or playing too well such that they declare early for the NBA (Hamilton)...
this board is becoming neurotic.
Apparently you haven't been here long. It has been neurotic for a long time. And if you think things were bad with recruiting and currently just wait till the first loss. Best not to show up here for at least two days if you think things are bad now.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
First off...great win and DH was a huge part of it. He is a complete stud offensively and has shown he can do it all. Nobody is going to bring up his defense? I'm not worried because that's something KO can coach him on but it has been awful so far. He doesn't help and has been burnt multiple times.
There are moments he gets lost and other moments he plays brilliantly on defense. Part of the problem may be the number of minutes he's playing.

Reaction Score
He reminds me a little of Harrison Barnes, he's also got some Joe Johnson in him. I'm starting to think he could be a lottery pick.

Reaction Score
His results have been very good so far. I'm not sure he can get a jumper off if he's guarded closely on the perimeter. His shooting reminds me SOME of Jerome Dyson. Setshots from 3, somewhat low release point. He just does not have the classic jumpshot form that we saw with Ray, Rip, Ben, and Shabazz. I think that this could limit his consistency as well as his ability to be the "end of shot clock go to guy."

I respectfully disagree 100%. We have already seen DHam hit numerous contested shots of the dribble, including a step back 3. These shots aren't in the arsenal of a set shooter. His form may not be perfect but he is absolutely a shooter.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Goodman feels about his analysis of DHam's shot selection; next to Brimah, he leads the team in FG% (52%) and leads the team in 3PT% (58%)

Reaction Score
I know they are of different builds and size but he reminds me a lot of melo. He gets the ball and he dribbles into a comfortable position for him. He's good off of a dribble or 2 and sets up his shot. It doesn't seem to matter much who is defending him, when he takes a shot I always think its a good shot (for him at least). He's deceptively athletic, and a good jump shooter. Dribbles well, but mainly to get his into a rhythm for his shot. If the shot isn't there he passes out (melo should do that more).

Obviously he is smaller and doesn't get half as many shots as melo got at cuse, but I see the same offensive abilities. He is only missing a real post up game, but I have seen him set himself up for his shot with his back to the basket then he makes a move for a drive into the lane or faces up and shoots.

I just love his potential!! I think we have a bright future with this kid on our team. I look forward to seeing him grow and mature here.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
With his build and skill set, D Ham reminds me of Chris Douglas Roberts at Memphis. D Ham looks to be further along in his development entering college, but CDR left Memphis as a tall guard who could score all over the court, rebound and pass.

I don't expect Hamilton to have a season like CDR's in 2008, but he can be the same kind of do-it-all matchup nightmare this year.
Great comparison. How about a little bit of Francisco Garcia circa 2004 l'ville?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I respectfully disagree 100%. We have already seen DHam hit numerous contested shots of the dribble, including a step back 3. These shots aren't in the arsenal of a set shooter. His form may not be perfect but he is absolutely a shooter.
I certainly agree he is a shooter, a scorer, and more. He's an exciting talent who could/should be the next great one. His quickness at times is dazzling for his size. My point about his form was a minor one.

Reaction Score
Having your older brothers be high D1/NBA caliber players is a nice luxury to grow up with. He plays like he's built for this level of competition, and in a very real sense he is. You know you're watching a great player when even his misses are pretty. He's just.....smooth.

Reaction Score
Having your older brothers be high D1/NBA caliber players is a nice luxury to grow up with. He plays like he's built for this level of competition, and in a very real sense he is. You know you're watching a great player when even his misses are pretty. He's just.....smooth.
You can tell he's played quite a bit of high level one on one based on some of his moves he's shown when driving.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This kid reminds me of Octavious Harperman-Jones out of the Community College of New York. I've never seen someone with such great hands and mental ability. His hair is on point and he also plays the jazz flute and writes poetry. Lottery pick for sure.

Reaction Score
This year, could be a lottery pick, next year, would be a top 5 pick

Purvis, Hamilton, Brimah with Adams running point and STONE in the paint. DAMN, 3 lottery picks

Reaction Score
One and done? Let's hope he's not getting advice from D. Daniels advisors. Instead of playing this year and developing a consistency to his obvious ability (at times) to be awesome, and maybe becoming a lottery pick, he left early to become a second round (37th) pick. And, playing where? Over seas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom