SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 27 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
In spite of all the jokes, I've found lots of lawyers doing pro bono work, being underpaid in jobs that serve humanity, or protecting our rights and our environment.

Reaction Score
You are single handedly making me believe that psychology is a bad thing. Please go away.

Thank you. The writing itself is poor, especially for someone feigning intelligence. Worse though is the potential seriousness, as the alternative to this string of posts being a joke is one person undermining the credibility of psychology worldwide.

Reaction Score
Well thanks for this astute and well-thought out opinion.

In the real world where the majority truly live, lawyers are an integral, indispensable and valuable asset to our free society, which could not function without a top-level judicial system. Most lawyers, without fanfare or public thanks, provide pro bono work for those in legal need.

A couple of examples of lawyers, out of the thousands available, who have provided and/or continue to provide value to our society might start with former Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, who led the legal fight against institutional segregation in US schools, Brown v. Board of Education , or the vastly underpaid and overworked lawyers of the ACLU, public defender's offices and state prosecutor's offices nationwide.

Perhaps in the Star Trek parallel universe in which you live lawyers do nothing of value to that society. Not in the USA in which the rest of us reside.

I don't know you, but as a fellow lawya I feel compelled to tell you that you aren't helping your case by arguing with this nitwit, counselor.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@AdamFinkelstein: Villanova is the latest to offer ESPN 60 guard Hamidou Diallo @NYJayhawks @PSAhoops

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Damn, what days are these when I have to check a 2017 recruiting thread for a good ol' fashioned lawyer fight? Sorry I missed this one--and of all weeks, Shark Week!

I suggest that we create a new "Lawyer Fight" tag to alert the rest of us when one has erupted within a thread.

Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about this?

@UConnReport: Has Hamidou Diallo lost interest in UConn? https://post original url/6BNIiITgmZ

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Well thanks for this astute and well-thought out opinion.

In the real world where the majority truly live, lawyers are an integral, indispensable and valuable asset to our free society, which could not function without a top-level judicial system. Most lawyers, without fanfare or public thanks, provide pro bono work for those in legal need.

A couple of examples of lawyers, out of the thousands available, who have provided and/or continue to provide value to our society might start with former Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, who led the legal fight against institutional segregation in US schools, Brown v. Board of Education , or the vastly underpaid and overworked lawyers of the ACLU, public defender's offices and state prosecutor's offices nationwide.

Perhaps in the Star Trek parallel universe in which you live lawyers do nothing of value to that society. Not in the USA in which the rest of us reside.
Agreed. Generalizations of this nature are dangerous and unfair. Why lump the 99% of greedy Shylocks in with the 1% of lawyers who contribute substantively to society? Just doesn't make sense.

Reaction Score
Stacey Davis posted an article about Mama and Hami. Can anyone put it on here?

Reaction Score
On my phone so can't quote the tweet and article (which I saw in Team Stream), but Nova just offered Diallo. Article still seems to mention us as the leader, saying Diarra is a major reason why.

Reaction Score
Lawyer jokes are hilarious. You should try to pry that telephone pole out of your rear end.

Maybe it's just that I'm not 70. I don't know. I don't think I've ever heard anyone younger than that use the word "shylock" unless they were talking about the Merchant of Venice. Thanks for the input, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom