SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 26 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well put.

I don't mind the anger at all, although I certainly did underestimate it. I just wish this message board was less tribal and more inclusive. I had been lurking for years before signing up, and over the years I began sensing patterns among the (largely self-appointed) "leadership" around here. Granted, it's a bad look, and of course I understand that. People are very uncomfortable facing themselves, particularly when it's a stranger trying to force themselves to. I mostly post about Xs and Os, but insults roll off me, so I'm going to keep "psychoanalyzing" the people I perceive to exhibit problematic or antisocial behaviors until I'm banned, whether or not those people are ready to take me seriously or continue to choose not to.

Go UConn. Go get Diallo.

You are single handedly making me believe that psychology is a bad thing. Please go away.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
So we have gilbert, diarra, and larrier for next year. We are going after diallo, Bailey, and who else?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Extremely rich coming from a lawyer. I've never met a (non-patent) lawyer who did anything of value for our society. I hope you are a patent attorney, but I fear you are a corporate leech.
Hmmn, you seem very passionate about that topic. Why do you believe that?

Reaction Score
So we have gilbert, diarra, and larrier for next year. We are going after diallo, Bailey, and who else?

These seem to be the main two targets left, although it is still REALLY early. I know Wenyen Gabriel was at least a moderate target for a while, but not sure if we've backed off since the Diarra commitment. Bailey may take a Mormon mission as well which would push him out to the 2018 class. Let's lock up Diallo...anything beyond that is gravy for the '16 class (provided he does reclassify).

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Amidst all the mental health discussions, this comment seems to have flown under the radar.
It's disturbing how fired up this gets me.
I was stoked and it was just cryptic for me. Could someone get me more stoked and fill in the gaps?

Reaction Score
Extremely rich coming from a lawyer. I've never met a (non-patent) lawyer who did anything of value for our society. I hope you are a patent attorney, but I fear you are a corporate leech.

Well thanks for this astute and well-thought out opinion.

In the real world where the majority truly live, lawyers are an integral, indispensable and valuable asset to our free society, which could not function without a top-level judicial system. Most lawyers, without fanfare or public thanks, provide pro bono work for those in legal need.

A couple of examples of lawyers, out of the thousands available, who have provided and/or continue to provide value to our society might start with former Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, who led the legal fight against institutional segregation in US schools, Brown v. Board of Education , or the vastly underpaid and overworked lawyers of the ACLU, public defender's offices and state prosecutor's offices nationwide.

Perhaps in the Star Trek parallel universe in which you live lawyers do nothing of value to that society. Not in the USA in which the rest of us reside.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Glad we've established who we will b_tch at if he ends up somewhere else.

He won't though.

Reaction Score
You watch too much TV.

And/or are just a total moron who doesn't think before he types. Only patent attorneys contribute positively to society

1778340.jpg

Reaction Score
Sounds like the hold up is seeing if he can reclassify to 2016?

In any event, things seem to look good at the moment.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

I find this lawyer has added great delight and enjoyment to my life:

mainheader_saul_update-2.jpg

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I find this lawyer has added great delight and enjoyment to my life:

mainheader_saul_update-2.jpg
Have you gained any insight into this Diallo recruitment on other team message boards? If so report back.

Reaction Score

So then you don't see value in arbiters and negotiators who provide a reasonable basis for trading in illiquid capital markets. You sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom