SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Damn when did I lose my job?:eek:
You're the weights and measurements guy!

@fleudslipcon is the resident philosophiser so anyone looking to step in and intern should see him before diagnosing without a boneyard license

Philosopher? Armchair psychologist? I'm happy to pass those batons.

@rashadamel313 is perfect for the job imo. Problem was he gave sage advice during a period when this thread had devolved into a stage of rage that was directed at any and all psychological analysis. This anger was the result of more than one poster proclaiming Diallo has a bad attitude based on what they observed in a one minute video.. Personally I think those guys making that proclamation missed the video and were looking into a mirror at the time of posting. But what do I know.

The anger towards those "quick to judge" posters was warranted imo, but it went machine gun and any and all people offering analysis were going to face a salvo of vitriol. It escalated when rashad began offering insight to more than one person in this forum. Selective choosing is best. And never, ever should this advice be offered when people are super p*ssed. Anyone married would understand this. :) I think he misjudged how deep the anger was. Easy to happen when we are not present with one another.

Once the tea leaves were presented rashad should have moved on. He ultimately deflected things but was a bit slow on the uptake imo. However, I feel confident there is a presence in this forum who can offer clarity about a subject many of us fail to understand. That is, why do we behave the way we do?

Most of us don't really want to understand other peoples behavior. The preference is to change behaviors that we perceive are wrong. In reality we want to force other people to behave in a manner that makes us comfortable and not be forced to change those behavior in ourselves which we are comfortable with, even if those behaviors are self destructive, world destructive, or both. Furthermore we're afraid, at some level of consciousness, that those who understand what makes us tick, can reveal things about ourselves we wish to keep hidden. Or worse manipulate us. There is some reason to be concerned about this if the "expert's" intent is uncaring. The alternative however is far worse with an equal possibility those fears will happen.

This thread is a perfect microcosm for us to understand why people turn on one another in the world. There was so much that I wanted to post, both for the sake of those who were on the sidelines struggling to understand what was happening and to those who were actors partaking in the "drama". I've decided, after many years of trying to mediate and help people understand why we behave so differently from one another, it is time to move on. I'm sure I'll occasionally slip back into this persona, as I'm doing now, but I welcome the freedom that I now have. I was 31 years old when I started to offer advice. Before then my interactions were primarily superficial. So this attribute was developed as an adult and isn't easy or natural for me. 34 years of doing this is enough.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think people forget that people saw 2 different Diallo videos. One for Insiders. One for non-insiders. In the latter, Diallo was more curt and impatient. Some posters interpreted that as an uncomfortable kid, some a bad interviewer. Others committed the sin of thinking Diallo wasn't interested in UConn. All were based on a 90 second video.

Then a dogpile began on Jim & Rash, which was exacerbated by rash bringing up degrees and defense mechanisms.
All of this, even though some people were responding to different videos.

Another thread went from a topic to an argument between posters. Yeah.

Reaction Score
Ha, I don't mean the degrees. It's just that the emotionally-scarred/traumatized teens I work with often throw every defense mechanism they know of at us when we try to get through to them.

Perhaps the most common examples of these are sarcasm, mockery, and denial. Often, people like us here, who have probably lived reasonably comfortable lives, still can exhibit those behaviors.

That's the god's honest truth right there! I saw exactly what you're talking about in Good Will Hunting. Boy, that was a great movie, learned a lot.

Reaction Score
why do people care about a stupid interview I said this before but stop over analyzing ever single piece of recruiting information that you get after a while it makes yoou look crazy

Reaction Score
I believe you have anger issues and are in desperate need of a therapist.

fleudy would you assist Fishy in his anger issues immediately or I will?

Of course this means letting him punch you in the throat

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Medication is quicker.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

He already threatened to drown me in a rain barrel. So a throat punch is meaningless.
None the less the answer is still no!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Well put.

I don't mind the anger at all, although I certainly did underestimate it. I just wish this message board was less tribal and more inclusive. I had been lurking for years before signing up, and over the years I began sensing patterns among the (largely self-appointed) "leadership" around here. Granted, it's a bad look, and of course I understand that. People are very uncomfortable facing themselves, particularly when it's a stranger trying to force themselves to. I mostly post about Xs and Os, but insults roll off me, so I'm going to keep "psychoanalyzing" the people I perceive to exhibit problematic or antisocial behaviors until I'm banned, whether or not those people are ready to take me seriously or continue to choose not to.

Go UConn. Go get Diallo.
.... and I for one thank you for it! What this board desperately needs is someone to reform it and personalities on it. There needs to less passion and less humor and more inclusive dialog. I appreciate your taking time out from fixing the rest of the world, whose flaws no doubt are very troubling to you, and stopping by to help our community.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Amidst all the mental health discussions, this comment seems to have flown under the radar.

Agreed...was somehow lost in the shuffle. I'm hoping we hear some "official" good news sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom