SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously how do people come to this conclusion. When Peyton Siva is far and away the best of a school's NBA guard talent (of THREE current players total), what does that tell you about the reality of Louisville's ability to mold great guards?

Kids needs to do some basic, cursory history before they make these decisions. They quite clearly don't. Kid better not be listening to Crean; he's basically Diet Cal.
To Diallo's credit, he does make that point in his last quote:
  • "A lot of coaches have told me that they can get me to the pros," Diallo said. "I want to see who is telling me the truth and which coaches are telling me false things."
Hopefully he does his research. Could work out for IU, though - name dropping Victor Oladipo is a nice card to play.

Reaction Score
  • "A lot of coaches have told me that they can get me to the pros," Diallo said. "I want to see who is telling me the truth and which coaches are telling me false things."
Hopefully he does his research. Could work out for IU, though - name dropping Victor Oladipo is a nice card to play.
Yeah I know, I'm glad he has at least some awareness of that issue. Maybe he just listens too much to the media. But I mean seriously it took me 5 minutes to look in to Louisville's guard history in comparison to Cincinnati's. These are claims that are easily falsified.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Doesn't sound super gung-ho about UConn. This doesn't make me very nervous though. I still think we have a great shot at landing him. Hopefully Lamb comes out and does well in Charlotte, that'd help show we can develop 2-guards and get them drafted.

Reaction Score
Doesn't sound super gung-ho about UConn. This doesn't make me very nervous though. I still think we have a great shot at landing him. Hopefully Lamb comes out and does well in Charlotte, that'd help show we can develop 2-guards and get them drafted.
We did get Lamb drafted. That's all UConn is responsible for. Past that, it's on the player to fulfill his contract/expectations.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
We did get Lamb drafted. That's all UConn is responsible for. Past that, it's on the player to fulfill his contract/expectations.
I agree and disagree. Yes we got him drafted, and then it's up to him...but at the same time, UConn should be preparing him for a long career.

Reaction Score

It was from the IU Rivals site. They'll always spin it to make IU look better and other schools to look worse.

Reaction Score

The biggest thing on their mind should be development. Clearly he knows he is a 5* recruit that is coveted by every major program and he knows that every major program can get you to the NBA. The true decision lies where he believes he can go to BECOME the best player possible. He doesn't sound like a person who cares about the spotlight or getting the most national attention.

Which comes to my point, based on a limited yet stellar resume, KO has developed Kemba, Lamb, Shabazz, Boatright, Purvis, Hamilton, etc. CLEAR signs of development and improvement are evident. All have gotten/ will get to the Pros, and barring Boatright's stature he would have been a clear choice in the draft. Not saying that other coaches aren't successful at putting players in the NBA, but with KO's short time here, he has been extremely good at it

Reaction Score
Diallo is also considered a UConn lean. He is sending signals that he is not married to UConn so that schools might offer him. It is a smart move by him.

Reaction Score

Take what a team writers says with a grain of salt. They are paid to focus on one teams point of view. This is probably a Indiana writer and is so going to be pro Indiana

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What do you even mean here. How would you propose UConn does this
There is no one way to do it, but by teaching him and showing him things about the NBA life/game. KO knows better than anyone. I believe it's getting him in the correct mindset to play in the NBA and live the NBA life. Obviously, making him the best player possible helps that too. KO runs a very pro-style offense as well as a pro-style defense. As opposed to say...Syracuse who plays zone.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yeah this Lamb thing isn't really fair, because wasn't Lamb a much lower ranked recruit coming in? I thought he was basically a project that we got on due to his strange frame and ridiculously long arms. His shot fell, he fit in to our team perfectly, he got drafted early, I think a bit higher than his true value.

Diallo is going to be coming in as a 5star it seems. So really he shouldn't look at Jeremy Lamb as an example of how he will go.
If he does, he should see himself drafted in the top 5 since he's more highly regarded pre-college than Jurrmy was

Reaction Score
Yeah this Lamb thing isn't really fair, because wasn't Lamb a much lower ranked recruit coming in? I thought he was basically a project that we got on due to his strange frame and ridiculously long arms. His shot fell, he fit in to our team perfectly, he got drafted early, I think a bit higher than his true value.

Diallo is going to be coming in as a 5star it seems. So really he shouldn't look at Jeremy Lamb as an example of how he will go.
If he does, he should see himself drafted in the top 5 since he's more highly regarded pre-college than Jurrmy was

you need to change your picture.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
you need to change your picture.
Since the only time anyone sees your avatar is when you post, I'd lead towards post count being a trump card over join date. Just my two cents. Perhaps it should be put to a vote. :rolleyes:

C

Chief00

Coach Calhoun can tell him which coach is full of BS - Pitino

Reaction Score
Since the only time anyone sees your avatar is when you post, I'd lead towards post count being a trump card over join date. Just my two cents. Perhaps it should be put to a vote. :rolleyes:

That's what I was going to say, if we've both been here posting for 2 years and its just coming up now... it isn't causing much confusion

I really don't understand how we ended up the same, it doesn't even look like the cropping is different! I definitely didn't use this guy's photo, just found one of Shabazz/Kemba laughing and knew it was right for me

Reaction Score
Steph Curry Camp report From Rivals:

A newly minted five-star in the class of 2017, shooting guard Hamidou Diallo is just dripping with potential. Watching him in drills, it's clear he's having a few things thrown at him that he's never tried before. But, it's also clear that he's willing to work hard and is current level of skill isn't exactly deficient. Of the two-guards in camp, he's probably the most explosive and he still looks to have another level he can take his game to.

Reaction Score
Steph Curry Camp report From Rivals:

A newly minted five-star in the class of 2017, shooting guard Hamidou Diallo is just dripping with potential. Watching him in drills, it's clear he's having a few things thrown at him that he's never tried before. But, it's also clear that he's willing to work hard and is current level of skill isn't exactly deficient. Of the two-guards in camp, he's probably the most explosive and he still looks to have another level he can take his game to.[/QUO
Sign him up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99