SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You can also see his ranking as an opportunity for Kentucky and Duke to check in.

All of the rapid replies to me show how defensive/insecure you guys are. Just be honest about it--him blowing up is most likely not good for us, though of course it doesn't mean KO WON'T seal him up.

Lets see...

1 month ago: "If I'd have to choose right now, it would be UConn"
Approx 2 weeks ago: "He's (Mama) like my brother"
Throughout this whole process another school hasn't been mentioned as a favorite
UConn got Kemba Walker (top 15)
UConn got Andre Drummond (top 1)
UConn goes for a certain type of PERSON, not necessarily every 5* recruit out there unlike the UKs of the world

Anymore pessimistic thoughts you want thrown out the window, just let me know....

Reaction Score
Someone says something true; other posters also feel the same way but don't want to admit it, and that someone saying it out loud makes them nervous; they lash out with insults at that someone since there is no other target for their negative emotions.

Do you really think it would take a change in ranking for big schools to take notice of Diallo? These coaches literally make a living finding great players to recruit. They don't need Evan Daniels to find the players for them.

All this ranking does is reiterate how good Diallo is and how lucky we are to be in good shape for him.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
This Rashadamel dude is a lot right now. Hamidou Diallo is a 2017 recruit atm, which means he could take well over a year to choose a school. Let's chill out until he actually reclassifies.

Reaction Score
That why you have 3500 posts on a message board? Don't act like we all don't live and die with our team, whether it's healthy or not.

I don't live and die with any of this ____, least of all recruiting. Grow up.

Reaction Score
This thread is not going well for you. I know you think you're "keeping it real" or something but you just sound like a tool.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This thread is not going well for you. I know you think you're "keeping it real" or something but you just sound like a tool.
I KEEP IT REAL
wutang.png

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I'd like to see some one on one with this young man and Waters - since they're both 17' ...I dig his length.
George Takei, is that you?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Just sounded like you are sorry the kid is getting better and better. It is good to have a leg up with a #13 recruit. I understand it gets more competitive. If he went in the other direction and was #113, we would get him easier but it's not a good thing.

Reaction Score
This kid seems like a J.Lamb clone without the great shooting(as of right now)

I keep thinking the same thing when I see his vids. He moves just like J Lamb. He's a little shorter and not nearly the shooter (yet) but he's definitely a little quicker and more explosive. I really really really hope we get him

Reaction Score
247 bumped him up to #20 and he is now a 5*.

For the composite, he is #24 and a 5*.

Is there still talk of him reclassifying to 2016? Any idea how likely it is he reclassifies?

Reaction Score
Diallo gets invite to Steph Curry 30 Select camp

SLAMonline SLAM Magazine
Stephen Curry's SC30 Select Camp Slated to Start on Sunday in The Bay, Rosters Revealedhttp://post original url/U9ncWaAxp6

Reaction Score
247 bumped him up to #20 and he is now a 5*.

For the composite, he is #24 and a 5*.

Scout now lists Diallo as a 5 star

CLASS2017
SCOUT RANK 13
POSITION RANK 02
EAST SG RANK 01
CT SG RANK 01

Reaction Score
Some recent quotes from Diallo in a IU Rivals article. Also mentioned in the article he was measured as 6'5", 185 with a 6'10" wingspan:
  • On Tom Crean: "He called me on June 15, and he wanted to tell me that I remind him of Victor Oladipo," Diallo said, referring to the IU player who was the No. 2 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft. "He wants to work on me. He said if I go to Indiana, it would be the best thing for me. He said he liked the way I play. He said he'd seen a lot of footage of me, and he feels he could work on my game so much."
  • "I want to go to a school that I can impact the most right away," Diallo said. "I'm not looking forward to going and sitting for a year. I want to be a player that's known for my defense and my offense."
  • On Louisville: "I've put in the work to show I'm capable of playing at that level. I know Louisville. They create tough guards and mold their guards," he said.
  • On Mamadou: "That was the best school for him, but what's best for him might not be what's best for me," Diallo said. "I'm trying to weigh out my options right now."
  • "I want to have a good relationship with the coaching staff, find a school that makes me feel at home and school my family likes," Diallo said.
  • "A lot of coaches have told me that they can get me to the pros," Diallo said. "I want to see who is telling me the truth and which coaches are telling me false things."

Reaction Score
"A lot of coaches have told me that they can get me to the pros," Diallo said. "I want to see who is telling me the truth and which coaches are telling me false things."

On Louisville:
"I've put in the work to show I'm capable of playing at that level. I know Louisville. They create tough guards and mold their guards," he said.
Seriously how do people come to this conclusion. When Peyton Siva is far and away the best of a school's NBA guard talent (of THREE current players total), what does that tell you about the reality of Louisville's ability to mold great guards? They're fairly on par with Cincinnati.

Kids needs to do some basic, cursory history before they make these decisions. They quite clearly don't. Kid better not be listening to Crean; he's basically Diet Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom