SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 13 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Nah, he just has the 2014 trophy sitting behind him with on a wall with pictures former UConn players in the NBA.
I assume that's part of it.

Reaction Score
http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/3258-nba-top-100-camp-top-sgs

Hamidou Diallo, 2017, Woodstock Academy (NY): The 6-foot-4 guard was smooth in his delivery and as athletic of a player in camp. Diallo has an effortless approach to the game and drives to the rim as smooth as a Sunday drive through the country. Athletically, he’ll wake up the crowd with a monster play above the rim or a steal that leads to a huge transition bucket. I think a case could be made for him to become a consensus top 40 national prospect. Some outlets are already in that train of thought.

Reaction Score
It sounds like he has the makings of the next great UConn SG. His potential fit with our future team and a reunion with his buddy Mamadou make too much sense for it not to happen.

Reaction Score
It sounds like he has the makings of the next great UConn SG. His potential fit with our future team and a reunion with his buddy Mamadou make too much sense for it not to happen.
I hope so, but he's blowing up too quickly. I realize that sounds strange but the more these recruits stay below the radar to better KO odds are of him closing the deal. Let's hope KO and UConn's history of championship success and developing NBA guards will be enough to ward off the P5 blue chip programs that are trying to kick the door in.

Reaction Score
I think this young man would be a terrific addition to team.... I really like his game... huge potential on both ends

Reaction Score
So annoying. KO should pay these johnny-come-lately scouts to keep these diamonds in the rough. I'm a lot less optimistic than I was three wks ago.

f39164c83c132f3f332e334b46673c0f.jpg

Take it easy, it wasn't but a few weeks ago that he said he would choose UConn if he were to choose now. While he's no diamond in the rough anymore, we have been on him way before he blew up.

You can see his improved ranking as an opportunity because if Hamidou does choose us, it can help attract other recruits. It helps that we are in the mix for top tier 5* talent in the eyes of other players. Plus, the fact that we are in good with this guy AND everyone around the country is talking about him is most exciting. We are no sisters of the poor in the basketball world & I don't mind the challenge of recruiting against the best.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see some one on one with this young man and Waters - since they're both 17' ...I dig his length.

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You can also see his ranking as an opportunity for Kentucky and Duke to check in.

All of the rapid replies to me show how defensive/insecure you guys are. Just be honest about it--him blowing up is most likely not good for us, though of course it doesn't mean KO WON'T seal him up.
Well of course genius.... A guy getting ranked higher and gaining more national attention won't help us in sealing him up. It goes without saying...

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Might be harder to lock him up when he gets more national attention, but if KO and crew do manage to lock him up it is a very positive sign and hopefully will set a precedent for future 5 star recruits.

Reaction Score
You can also see his ranking as an opportunity for Kentucky and Duke to check in.

All of the rapid replies to me show how defensive/insecure you guys are. Just be honest about it--him blowing up is most likely not good for us, though of course it doesn't mean KO WON'T seal him up.
Calling us insecure when you're the one getting bothered by a guy who said "If I had to commit today, it'd be UConn" less than a month ago jumping to 5* status.

Reaction Score
Dude, my original post was insecure, of course, because I'm a little anxious about his recruitment now.
Yeah, so I don't know why you're surprised at all of the backlash. That was a pretty ridiculous post.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not acting like I'm smarter than anyone. Just don't much feel like acting like it's fine when I'm anxious about it. I suppose I can keep my pessimism to myself since this board CANNOT handle it.
I would relax then. As far as we know, were still in the lead with his recruitment. Until we get indication otherwise, try to chill.

Reaction Score
I get it, I guess, now. You guys don't think it's fun to be pessimistic even when it's warranted (neither do I think it's fun, but following recruiting is an exercise in having a lot at stake, little information, and no control--i.e., a recipe for insecurity). In my regular life, I consider that seriously lacking in realness, so forgive me for mistakenly letting some honesty fly from time to time regarding recruiting.

You're just becoming a bigger tool with every post. It's astonishing.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
That why you have 3500 posts on a message board? Don't act like we all don't live and die with our team, whether it's healthy or not.
There isn't all that much at stake with any individual recruit. You cast a wide net and miss out on far more than the ~3 kids that sign every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom