SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 39 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We're all throwing poo at the wall until we see him actually play in the NCAA.

6'3.5" barefoot and with his wingspan is plenty of size to play the 2 in the NBA, though.
Poo throwing continues even after we see them play in the NCAA (cough ...rvis). Unless of course they have an heroic championship game that leads to a victory. Then some of us admit our errors.

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Championships help us find divinity. Uconn bb (men's and women's) fans are divinely superior to exCuse fans for example! Of course we could learn to develop a little humility. I guess I'm flawed because I love gut punchin those dudes. Forgive me Lord..........

Reaction Score
Actually, I said I was also interested in the quality of person he is. I do think most of the BY is interested in us continuing to win championships. Just wondering what the relevance of discussing/arguing about the length of someones arms, legs, hat size, have someone's career? Diallo is a stud period, and most of us want him regardless of his ring size - but I guess we can debate all

Reaction Score
Actually, I said I was also interested in the quality of person he is. I do think most of the BY is interested in us continuing to win championships. Just wondering what the relevance of discussing/arguing about the length of someones arms, legs, hat size, have someone's career? Diallo is a stud period, and most of us want him regardless of his ring size - but I guess we can debate all

We're discussing height and length for the same reason guys get measured and those numbers are published, because its relevant. If people had no interest in them those numbers wouldn't be out there.

Reaction Score
I get it - but we now know and have known that he's a 2/3 and he's great player and kid- now what? I'm just saying debating his sleeve length and other dimensions till the cows comes home is sort of tedious - all this is good to know, but I guess my comments were about the endless debate as if it really is relevant - as Hilary said, "what difference does it make?" We want the dude to be a husky - lets get 'em

Reaction Score
I get it - but we now know and have known that he's a 2/3 and he's great player and kid- now what? I'm just saying debating his sleeve length and other dimensions till the cows comes home is sort of tedious - all this is good to know, but I guess my comments were about the endless debate as if it really is relevant - as Hilary said, "what difference does it make?" We want the dude to be a husky - lets get 'em

The Internet may not be for you.

Reaction Score

We all obviously want him, but there's only so many times and ways you can say that.

Relevance of size: IF he comes here, assuming he wants to work his way to the NBA, his size and measurements combined with his developed skill set will determine if he can how long he stays here. Some think he'll leave earlier than others. It will also determine how he matches up against other players. Not that hard to figure out.

Some people come here to read and discuss more than: "I like him. I hope he plays here. I want us to win."

Reaction Score
I guess dude wants this to be the VCU board and have it be a bunch of posters posting about how badly we want a recruit for hundreds of pages.

Reaction Score
I guess dude wants this to be the VCU board and have it be a bunch of posters posting about how badly we want a recruit for hundreds of pages.

That and organizing the Twitterati for borderline NCAA violations.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It is when player analysis becomes tedious arguments over minutia, that it gets annoying.
Height with shoes, with socks, w/o socks (even height as eyeballed by Mau :cool: ). Your height is how tall you are w/o anything on your feet. The only rule is that it should be kept consistent.

Reaction Score
Ive seen him play many times he's needs to get a lot better if he wants to be one and done

Reaction Score
Love to see a jump shot or 2. Kids athletic but unfortunately they will play a lot better D in college. I am sure he will be fine but transition doesn't come as easy he will need to work on his half court game. It's not his fault we can't see much of that it's just AAU basketball.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Scouting reports on him actually remind me of Derrick Jones at UNLV
Jones is an even worse shooter and he can't dribble nearly as well. Also it's scary to think, but Jones is a more explosive leaped (somehow).

Reaction Score
Love to see a jump shot or 2. Kids athletic but unfortunately they will play a lot better D in college. I am sure he will be fine but transition doesn't come as easy he will need to work on his half court game. It's not his fault we can't see much of that it's just AAU basketball.
mau, I was thinking the same thing that everything we see from him is transition. I watched some of one of his games a couple of weeks ago on TV and he is a terror in the open floor and taking his man off the dribble to the basket. However, that will get tougher against college defenders. He will need a decent jump shot to keep the defender honest and to become a good college scorer.

Reaction Score
Jones is an even worse shooter and he can't dribble nearly as well. Also it's scary to think, but Jones is a more explosive leaped (somehow).
Ya, but Jones is more a 3 and diallo a 2. Just saying they are both ridiculous athletes who thrive in transition and struggle in the half court sets. Neither has a great feel for the game but right now they can get by on talent and athleticism. Both have very high ceilings, but they need a lot of work in a college system

I'm interested to see how Jones does this year. More interested to see diallo...hopefully in a uconn jersey

Reaction Score
Ya, but Jones is more a 3 and diallo a 2. Just saying they are both ridiculous athletes who thrive in transition and struggle in the half court sets. Neither has a great feel for the game but right now they can get by on talent and athleticism. Both have very high ceilings, but they need a lot of work in a college system

I'm interested to see how Jones does this year. More interested to see diallo...hopefully in a uconn jersey

I like Diallo's ceiling better but I'm obviously no expert. Jones just seems more Marcus Johnson and Diallo more Dyson with maybe potentially some more polish. We will see but I agree on the 2 and 3 positioning.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jones is a downright freak. Diallo is just really athletic. There's a difference

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Derrick Jones' ceiling is just as high as Diallo's. If he became a plus three point shooter, he's a guaranteed lottery pick. You could say the same about Diallo if he can tighten his handle enough to be a true CG.

If Jones didn't have suspect academics, he's probably a Husky right now and we'd all be slobbering over him. He's going to be fun to watch for UNLV fans in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom