SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 38 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
what is the consensus is Hamidou a one and done or a multiple year player?

Watching him he is a 3-4 year guy unless he improves in major areas. Consistent jump shooting and ball handling are the keys to his next level potential. He has all the tools it's on him it would seem.

Reaction Score
Watching him he is a 3-4 year guy unless he improves in major areas. Consistent jump shooting and ball handling are the keys to his next level potential. He has all the tools it's on him it would seem.
Mau he is not a 4 year guy, in fact if you told him that he would be insulted. most of these top 10 to 15 recruits are eyeing very early draft entry, especially if he doesn't reclassify. if he stays in 2017 and enters college at 19 I would say there is a 70% chance he is 1&done. If he reclassifies he could be a 2 year guy. but the buck stops there

Reaction Score
Mau he is not a 4 year guy, in fact if you told him that he would be insulted. most of these top 10 to 15 recruits are eyeing very early draft entry, especially if he doesn't reclassify. if he stays in 2017 and enters college at 19 I would say there is a 70% chance he is 1&done. If he reclassifies he could be a 2 year guy. but the buck stops there

Just from what I see and not saying I'm an expert, there's a long way to go but he is a very good player with a high ceiling. 1 year would be crazy 2 years maybe but it's early he's still young. Going to the NBA at 6-3 or so without a solid handle or great jumper means Euro.

Reaction Score
Just from what I see and not saying I'm an expert, there's a long way to go but he is a very good player with a high ceiling. 1 year would be crazy 2 years maybe but it's early he's still young. Going to the NBA at 6-3 or so without a solid handle or great jumper means Euro.

Thats true, he will have to gain a broader skillset than just a downhill attacker. especially under 6'6

Reaction Score

He's 6'3.5" barefoot, which would put him around 6'5" in shoes. With a 6'11" wingspan, he's absolutely not undersized.

Reaction Score
Can you please show me where I said he was undersized?

Your post about him being 6'3" without a handle means Europe when dude is a half an inch shorter than Lamb was w/o shoes at the 2012 Draft. His height/length is not a detriment to his profile right now.

Reaction Score
Your post about him being 6'3" without a handle means Europe when dude is a half an inch shorter than Lamb was w/o shoes at the 2012 Draft. His height/length is not a detriment to his profile right now.

How is 2 guard? Whether he's 6'3 or 6'5 he needs to do those things right?

Reaction Score
How is 2 guard? Whether he's 6'3 or 6'5 he needs to do those things right?

Yes, obviously having a better handle enhances his prospects but his height isn't a knock. Are you trying to say you once again creating a mythical measurement of 6'3" wasn't meant to try to downgrade his NBA potential? He's about 6'5" in shoes with crazy length(.5" shorter wignspan than Lamb), he has ideal size.

Reaction Score
Yes, obviously having a better handle enhances his prospects but his height isn't a knock. Are you trying to say you once again creating a mythical measurement of 6'3" wasn't meant to try to downgrade his NBA potential? He's about 6'5" in shoes with crazy length(.5" shorter wignspan than Lamb), he has ideal size.

Great length and by no means was there any mythical mau equation on this one. I mean if he was 6'0 with that span he'd be a capable 2 so please take the height out. Just a simple opinion he's a nasty athlete and ready there but to say one and done with pretty much being an open court player is going to be tough. The weakness of playing in half court will hold him back unless he improves and he has a full year to do so then at least one year at his chosen college. Can he do it? Yeah most likely? No that's all.

Reaction Score
I think it's not that his size is insufficient by any means, but rather that his size isn't a big enough asset/plus for his skill set to lack anything as important as handle (esp if he wants to leave college really early/after one year). I'm sure in the next few years to come, he will be diligently working on improving his handle and shot. He's still a stud regardless.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think it is a bit early to predict his jump to the NBA. We don't even know when he will finish high school yet.
What I didn't like were the comments about being lost in the half court. Seems very overstated for a kid ranked this high.

Edit to add: Great minds think alike!

Reaction Score
HD has a nice upside but he isn't even close to being a one and done. He is an undersized 2 guard who is a below ave. shooter. He is not even close to being a pro both physically and shooting wise. One and done no chance.

Reaction Score
its to early to call if he is a 4 year player or not. but if we're predicting I'm more inclined to think he isn't a 4 year player and a 2-3 yr. He is entering his JUNIOR year, so 2 more seasons to clean up his weak areas, which all have to do with in game experience, and repetition. When its time for him to come to storrs he will be a stud and a very exciting player.

Reaction Score
HD has a nice upside but he isn't even close to being a one and done. He is an undersized 2 guard who is a below ave. shooter. He is not even close to being a pro both physically and shooting wise. One and done no chance.
The kid is just scratching the surface. if he comes in '16 he's a young freshman. He would probably stay for a second year. Even if he comes in '17 I can't imagine him staying for more than 2 years anywhere, too talented and has too much upside. And stop talking about him being an undersized 2, he has fije size and an elite wingspan, that's what matters more.

Reaction Score
Wingspan is way overrated. He is still under 6'4 which is undersized for an NBA 2 guard. Don't get me wrong I like the kid and hope he comes to UCONN. He is very good athlete, aggressive and takes it to the hole better than any other two guard I have seen. However he has a teenage body that needs a lot of maturing and his game is raw, very raw but with a ton of upside.

Reaction Score
Wingspan is way overrated. He is still under 6'4 which is undersized for an NBA 2 guard. Don't get me wrong I like the kid and hope he comes to UCONN. He is very good athlete, aggressive and takes it to the hole better than any other two guard I have seen. However he has a teenage body that needs a lot of maturing and his game is raw, very raw but with a ton of upside.

Did you think Lamb was an undersized SG when he entered the draft?

Reaction Score
if you're saying wingspan is overrated why are you putting stock in barefoot height? They play in shoes and with shoes on he is not undersized. Wingspan is extremely important on defense, getting in passing lanes, getting steals and blocks, and on offense, getting you're shots off over bigger defenders.

Reaction Score
Wingspan is way overrated. He is still under 6'4 which is undersized for an NBA 2 guard.

This is only true if you use Diallo's barefoot measurements while holding him to the standard of an NBA 2-guard in shoes. He's taller and longer than Victor Oladipo, Ben McLemore, Brad Beal, Jodie Meeks, Dion Waiters, Eric Gordon, Monta Ellis, and basically identical to Dwyane Wade and James Harden. That's prototypical NBA 2-guard size. He needs to bulk up, obviously, but neither height nor length are going to be a knock on Diallo going into the draft.

Reaction Score
You guys are amazing. Wing span, foot size, height, weight.......what's next?
WTF cares - the guy is a major player that we want and need - what I care about most is the quality of person he is and can he is help us win another NC. Have no idea about the first question but am sure KO will know that and am sure he can help us with the second.

Reaction Score
You guys are amazing. Wing span, foot size, height, weight..what's next?
WTF cares - the guy is a major player that we want and need - what I care about most is the quality of person he is and can he is help us win another NC. Have no idea about the first question but am sure KO will know that and am sure he can help us with the second.

C'mon Husky1 do you think he'd be any good with 1 foot arms? There are very important things in basketball get with it ;)

Cut the logic this is the BY.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
You guys are amazing. Wing span, foot size, height, weight..what's next?

There is nothing wrong with people discussing what impact they think Diallo's measurements will have after his post-collegiate career. If you only care about whether or not Diallo can help us win a championship or not, then that's on you. However, some of us here are a bit more interested in a player's career than solely championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom