Guess the AAC Media Poll | The Boneyard

Guess the AAC Media Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I beleive it's AAC days in Newport.

Not my predictions but I'd guess media takes UCF 1, Cinci 2, Houston 3 and UConn 9th ahead of Memphis 10th and Temple last.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
over/under on the poll having old/ new/wrong/forgotten teams?

I'm guessing Boise or Navy get some votes :)

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I think we will be towards the bottom to be honest. Most of the media for this conference is obviously still feeling each team/program out. I think it'll be as follows:

UCF
Cincy
Houston
ECU
Tulane
USF
SMU
Tulsa
Temple
UConn
Memphis

but obviously thats not how I think things will shake out. Anyone who sees any pictures/links please put them in the AAC Media Days thread as I will be checking regularly throughout the work day

Reaction Score
Media poll:

UCF
Houston
Cincy
ECU
SMU
USF
Tulane
UConn
Temple
Tulsa
Memphis

My best guess:

Houston
ECU
UCF
Cincy
Tulane
SMU
UConn
Temple
Tulsa
USF
Memphis

Couple of things: I'm bearish on USF this year. Not a good roster and Taggart didn't do a great job in year 1. I think Tulane is going to better than people think. ECU could easily win this conference this year with their QB. I literally know next to nothing about Tulsa. Nor do I care to.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmm I had UConn right. UCF and Cinci they flipped.

AAC Media Poll:
Cinci
UCF
Houston
ECU
SMU
USF
Memphis
Temple
UConn
Tulane
Tulsa

Wut? Memphis in 7th and Temple in 8th? Not feeling that. Agree on USF being too high too.

Saw the USA Today Preseason Mag. They have UConn 5-7 (3-5)... and SMU in dead last at 2-10.

Reaction Score
Not that I care (and the voters likely don't either) but Memphis ahead of us? They miss our meeting with them last year?

Reaction Score
For some reason UConn gets downrated by all media. I call it the team in turmoil effect. When you have a coaching change, you automatically get taken down a few rungs on the ladder. It doesn't matter that: the interim coach finally put the right guy in charge of the o-line; this in positive outcomes with a 3 game win streak to finish the season: the new coaching staffs sets in place a new nutrition & conditioning program that is already showing positive results.
I'll just wait for the results on the field. UConn has a very manageable schedule. I expect this team to go bowling with a positive won-loss record in conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think the top 4 are pretty clear and the rest you can put in any order and it's as good a guess as any.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I think the top 4 are pretty clear and the rest you can put in any order and it's as good a guess as any.

That's basically what John Silver just tweeted as well. You guys are on a very similar wavelength lately...

If you see the voting points there is a huge gap between ECU and SMU in the poll (over 100 points) and much less gap between SMU and Tulsa (64 points).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's basically what John Silver just tweeted as well. You guys are on a very similar wavelength lately...

If you see the voting points there is a huge gap between ECU and SMU in the poll (over 100 points) and much less gap between SMU and Tulsa (64 points).

Ha I beat him by an hour.

I am pretty sure Temple is 11. Maybe John can release his ballot.

Edit: He didn't have vote. Said he would have gone same top 4 and UConn 7th or 8th.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN will surprise people this year. I really like the energy that we're seeing from the team and the coaches. Plus, I love the energy we're seeing in recruiting. If our recruits are already fired up to play at UCONN, then I imagine that the players who are already here are just itching to run through a wall already. And most of them will be able to do it too after spending time with Coach Balis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom