Grit & Tenacity, Fire and Desire, Heart and Soul. Nika! | The Boneyard

Grit & Tenacity, Fire and Desire, Heart and Soul. Nika!

Reaction Score
Through all the team injuries this season, all the many different lineups last season, all the people doubting if we had a chance. Nika was the one constant that stood tall and led the troops. Her last game in UCONN Blue says everything she was about as player the last 4 years. Great game, Great season, Great Career to the all time assist leader at UConn.
Nika Nika Nika!

Reaction Score
Nika is one of my favorite UConn players of all time. She all but shut down Clark last night and made multiple CRITICAL 3s. She stepped up big last night and many other times throughout her 4 years here. My only regret is that she wasn’t able to win a title. She will be long remembered alongside all the toughest and grittiest UConn players.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
nika was the standout of the iowa game. just tremendous. couldn't ask for more.

tired, injured and playing virtually the whole game, she did uconn proud. and even her shooting was clutch. she'll be missed.

( BTW, the first foul call against her was extremely lame! )

also -- i haven't waded through the postgame thread so sorry if i'm repeating what's already been covered -- kk was brilliant too. ice far exceeded my expectations. they were great, especially for first-year contributors.

i think we should be ecstatic for that.

i got the feeling that liya and paige were not their usual selves largely due to fatigue (and a broken nose). that's more reason to be amazed by nika's performance.

and ash was solid. admirable for a freshman. she and kk and ice provide a great base for next season. too bad q didn't get a chance to show her stuff. she will in a few months.

Kat

Reaction Score
She and AE have been the foundation of this team. To watch how they have developed over the years, to see their leadership at work, was a joyful experience. I will miss them both so much but am fully confident that they will do well in whatever they choose to do. You may leave but you're always a Husky.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
F298D686-7F30-4814-BDE7-3E7FCB7D9214.jpeg
EB25FBA6-93B8-4DA1-B166-E44165234CF7.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members