Greetings from the Road Trip... Louisville, that is... | The Boneyard

Greetings from the Road Trip... Louisville, that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Yesterday was UConn's day...

Today was NOT Tennessee's day... I am sure some UConn mojo presence in the Louisville stands had a lot to do with Tennessee losing and Louisville winning today... :)

The KFC Yum Arena is absolutely magnificent. What a pleasure to see a game there... Sightlines like in Bridgeport. All chairbacks. NEW. Great food selection from a huge number of sources including KFC, local bar-b-que, local bakeries. MUCH better than Gampel or Hartford. Easy access for cars even thought it it is in the downtown of Louisville.

Great crowd support. The Tennessee fans came out in large numbers for the first game, to their credit. (It was enjoyable to root against them.) Maryland was the better team. I don't think Tennessee should have been a one seed.

Louisville fans were wonderful... And supported their team big time... (Surprising to me since I always assumed their men's program would get all the support.) The upper level of the Yum Center, curtained at the start, was opened up for the overflow crowd... Very noisy!!! Great atmosphere. (More noisy support than I have seen for most UConn games, I have to admit, but it was a playoff game.) The outcome of this game was never in doubt.

Greatest sign held up during the game was the one which said... "Mrs. Schimmel... Send us more daughters."

Pictures attached...

https://picasaweb.google.com/aribtro/Sweet16Louisvile#

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. Wish I was there to see the Vols get smacked. You got to see some enjoyable games IMO. Great pics.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The second greatest pleasure for a Uconn fan - watching TN go down hard in the NCAAs! I am jealous!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Yesterday was UConn's day...

Today was NOT Tennessee's day... I am sure some UConn mojo presence in the Louisville stands had a lot to do with Tennessee losing and Louisville winning today... :)

The KFC Yum Arena is absolutely magnificent. What a pleasure to see a game there... Sightlines like in Bridgeport. All chairbacks. NEW. Great food selection from a huge number of sources including KFC, local bar-b-que, local bakeries. MUCH better than Gampel or Hartford. Easy access for cars even thought it it is in the downtown of Louisville.

Great crowd support. The Tennessee fans came out in large numbers for the first game, to their credit. (It was enjoyable to root against them.) Maryland was the better team. I don't think Tennessee should have been a one seed.

Louisville fans were wonderful... And supported their team big time... (Surprising to me since I always assumed their men's program would get all the support.) The upper level of the Yum Center, curtained at the start, was opened up for the overflow crowd... Very noisy!!! Great atmosphere. (More noisy support than I have seen for most UConn games, I have to admit, but it was a playoff game.) The outcome of this game was never in doubt.

Greatest sign held up during the game was the one which said... "Mrs. Schimmel... Send us more daughters."

Pictures attached...

https://picasaweb.google.com/aribtro/Sweet16Louisvile#
Great photos but the last one was the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom