Greetings and Thanks from South Africa | The Boneyard

Greetings and Thanks from South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I do not post often but for the many of you who know me slightly, you know me as a longtime and loyal fan. Watching and listening on the radio and TV since 1967. Donating and attending games since 1988. Was in San Antonio in 2004. Was in Memphis 2 weeks ago..Even rode the elevator with JC and made him chuckle :)

So after 55 years I pick this week to leave the continent for the first time. And all the way to Cape Town to boot. I travelled alone to visit my daughter studying abroad at UCT this semester. It has been idyllic. Beautiful people, low prices, and it's always shiny.......errr, it is sunny a lot :)

But sadly no March Madnees at all. Spent hours my first night on Long Street - the Bourbon Street of CT - searching for basketball. I found soccer. I found rugby. And I found cricket. Endless and endless hours of cricket, and patrons fighting over the results. Jesus!

So my only means of Uconn relief............has been the Boneyard. Endless hours of reading. Makes me feel closer to home. Not that I'm in a rush. It's 23 C and shiny. That's 75 and sunny for you BY'ers

Thanks again

Eric Z

PS - If you are ever in town, the beaches are world class. especially Camps Bay. But a beer as Take Away is no no. Ummm. You can great brews on the bars by the coastline, but not to go. Not New Orleans :)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's OK, I watched multiple titles from Australia. They weren't any less rewarding.

Can't you get any games on your computer? I would watch in an internet cafe.

Reaction Score
That's OK, I watched multiple titles from Australia. They weren't any less rewarding.

Can't you get any games on your computer? I would watch in an internet cafe.

Like I said. Old. Not technically savvy. Nor a world traveller. But I'll give it a try. Hell I still got 30 hours before departure

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Zeeman007 said:
Like I said. Old. Not technically savvy. Nor a world traveller. But I'll give it a try. Hell I still got 30 hours before departure

Whats your email? Ill send you my online viewing login

Reaction Score
You can't leave and wreak the Mojo. So enjoy soccer, rugby, and endless hours of cricket while UCONN heads to yet another final 4

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whats your email? Ill send you my online viewing login

See zeeman, the boneyard is taking care of you. zls can explain the login procedure as well. Don't worry zls, I'll just volunteer you for stuff.

Reaction Score
I do not post often but for the many of you who know me slightly, you know me as a longtime and loyal fan. Watching and listening on the radio and TV since 1967. Donating and attending games since 1988. Was in San Antonio in 2004. Was in Memphis 2 weeks ago..Even rode the elevator with JC and made him chuckle :)

So after 55 years I pick this week to leave the continent for the first time. And all the way to Cape Town to boot. I travelled alone to visit my daughter studying abroad at UCT this semester. It has been idyllic. Beautiful people, low prices, and it's always shiny..errr, it is sunny a lot :)

But sadly no March Madnees at all. Spent hours my first night on Long Street - the Bourbon Street of CT - searching for basketball. I found soccer. I found rugby. And I found cricket. Endless and endless hours of cricket, and patrons fighting over the results. Jesus!

So my only means of Uconn relief..has been the Boneyard. Endless hours of reading. Makes me feel closer to home. Not that I'm in a rush. It's 23 C and shiny. That's 75 and sunny for you BY'ers

Thanks again

Eric Z

PS - If you are ever in town, the beaches are world class. especially Camps Bay. But a beer as Take Away is no no. Ummm. You can great brews on the bars by the coastline, but not to go. Not New Orleans :)

Can't you get the www.firstrowsports.eu over there? They provide with live streaming of all sorts of sports including Uconn basketball games. Good luck and enjoy the sun.

Reaction Score
Can't you get the www.firstrowsports.eu over there? They provide with live streaming of all sorts of sports including Uconn basketball games. Good luck and enjoy the sun.[/quote

Wait a doggone minute here. I'm around the corner from my hotel at this gay bar drinking. Well no. It's a great Italian restaurant named Cousins owned by I believe 2 gay cousins from Florence

But like I said I'm drinking not drunk. If I post my email can't Russians or Nigerians steal my identity and bankrupt me. Not that it's too bad a deal because I'm in CT and these guys might hire me to waiter

You techno suave BY'ers arnt trying the film flam. Or is it too many Peronis??

Zeeman

Waiting for my gnocchi bolognese. Watching AC Milan. Ugh

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

So after 55 years I pick this week to leave the continent for the first time. And all the way to Cape Town to boot. I travelled alone to visit my daughter studying abroad at UCT this semester. It has been idyllic. Beautiful people, low prices, and it's always shiny..errr, it is sunny a lot :)

So my only means of Uconn relief..has been the Boneyard. Endless hours of reading. Makes me feel closer to home. Not that I'm in a rush. It's 23 C and shiny. That's 75 and sunny for you BY'ers

Thanks again

Eric Z

Another great mojo post.

First, the cell phone & 50 mile run post mentions Amby Burfoot, with whose brother I used to watch UConn games.

Then, the MetroNorth UCONN poster shows Jackie Burns, whose dad went to high school with the late >30 year season ticket holder Dan Novarr & me.

Now, a post from Cape Town, where the parents of the four kids I'm co-grandparenting since the night of the St Joe's game are attending a family wedding.

Keep 'em coming . . .

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you want to send your email you should probably send it to him via a private message click on his name and hit start a conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom