Greater Hartford Pro Am | The Boneyard

Greater Hartford Pro Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Tonight at 6:00pm starts the Greater Hartford Pro Am season # 18. At SMSA in Hartford. Second game begins around 8:00pm or thereabouts with Ryan Gomes. Wonder if any of the newbies at UCONN will be there. Hope so, I will be there. They can only accommodate 750 so come down and watch some basketball.

Happy Summer

Mrs Dribbles

Reaction Score
Mrs. dribbles, it dawned on me that I think I remember you and Dribbles from the summer league back around 2005 when it was off blue hills ave. Were you guys going then?

I am a white guy, I was in my early 30's, i was usually in basketball shorts, sleeveless shirt, a couple tattoos and a crew cut. I knew a lot of people/players there (guys I used to play in leagues with, etc.) and I was also a writer covering the Huskies at the time, although I kind of kept that on the down low. If I remember right we used to chat when I saw you guys there. Ring a bell?

Reaction Score
His summer league game started at 5 in Orlando. Don't think he'll be making it up to Hartford.
Sticks called me and said he was playing against shabazz tonight. Didn't look at summer league schedules

Reaction Score
Also asked me if I knew a light skin high school player from ct who was gonna be playing tonight. Said he was good but didn't know his name

Reaction Score
Also asked me if I knew a light skin high school player from ct who was gonna be playing tonight. Said he was good but didn't know his name
Tremont Waters?

Dribbles

Mrs. Dribbles
Reaction Score
Sticks did play tonight for the Slam Team which won. Yes Thirty Three that was us, and I will be attending as many games as I can this summer. The crowd was subdued tonight, but I am sure it got hot in the second game. Ryan Gomes was playing. It is wonderful that the Pro Am is back in Hartford. D'Amore was there, interviewing Sticks, I chatted with him for a few minutes after the game. The schedule of the games should be in the Courant tomorrow. The will be playing on Saturday and Sunday and Monday I think. Also the Osgoods shootout was listed in the Courant Today, I believe it will be August 14 - 16, at New Britain High School. That is a great weekend event

Go Huskies

Mrs Dribbles

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Read multiple tweets tonight that Uconn players were at the pro-am any update on who and how it went? I thought about going tonight to and chose not to:(

C

Chief00

You and Chief buddies?
Sometimes folks built no flexibility into their thought process, which is a flaw. I have a teenager and her plans often change or get clarified 3 or 4 times for the same night. It's the norm not the outlier. I remember how many said I was wrong about Drummond going to UConn for the 2011/2012 season - even in late August - when Dunn and Andre were already on the prep school campus. Those same people will be proven wrong again whenever I choose to do so.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Right about a minute in, the announcer calls Rodney Purvis a "former UConn star." Why do we have such shlitty local sports reporters on the tube in this state?

He then refers to his dunk as a "slusharooski." Bob Rumbold is a real boob.

Reaction Score
I will be interested to hear what kind of crowd this thing is getting. They used to be solid back a couple years ago before it went down to Waterbury for a year...from the highlights I have seen on TV it looks like the place is damn near empty...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Huskybass said:
it looks like Jalen Adams is playing tonight I'm going to go check it out and will report what I see

DMd you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69