Great article on Geno and Kevin Ollie | The Boneyard

Great article on Geno and Kevin Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Geno talking about Kevin dineen coaching the Canadian Women's Olympic Hockey Team, from the article:
"He wanted to talk about mind-set, to bounce some ideas. My only real advice was coach them like they are NHL guys. Same thing you ask of the NHL guys, ask of them, with the understanding they're not going to be able to do all those things. But do not treat them like women hockey players. Treat them like hockey players."

And that, my friends, is exactly the same way that Geno treats his players. They are basketball players, not womens basketball players. They play more against the game, than against a particular opponent, always striving for the perfect game...

Great article...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I guess the BY can train these writers after all. :eek:

Nice piece, and great to know UConn will have two outstanding humans for basketball HCs for years to come.

Reaction Score
I guess the BY can train these writers after all. :eek:

Nice piece, and great to know UConn will have two outstanding humans for basketball HCs for years to come.

Yep and it's good to know they have for the last 29 years……….

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great stuff thanks for the link Blake. I love how much Geno likes Kevin - much different from JC and their relationship...

"He has been the same person," Auriemma said. "I have a chance to play golf with him a lot. The No. 1 thing that sticks out is just what a really, really good man he is, what a genuine person. How much he loves what he is doing, how much he loves UConn and how it hurt so bad to have the kind of year they had last year and not be able to play in the NCAA Tournament. That's why I'm so happy for him and the guys.

"My daughter [Alysa] teaches a class here and she has a couple of the guys in her class. You can tell how much they love playing here, love going to school here, being student-athletes here. I think that is a huge credit to him. We have talked a lot about a lot of things since he got the job and we still talk after every game as much as we can. When you think about it," he said, "that's the way it's supposed to be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom