Great article on Donald Brown | The Boneyard

Great article on Donald Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Not even listed on some of the fantasy leagues top 20 back , Stop if you ask me!

Reaction Score
what does that say about how he was coached at UConn though?

if you read between the lines it is kind of embarrassing.....

Reaction Score

When he was an All American and leading the nation in rushing? He was coached just fine at UConn. Brown was a beast his last year and had one of the best stiff arms in college football. He went into a system not set up to run the ball, and struggled picking up the blitz. That and a few minor dings kept him down w/ Indi. New coach, new system, new opportunity for him to take advantage of.

Reaction Score

A guy had trouble adjusting to the speed and size of NFL defenses. He struggled in pass protection, but that was known going in as he wasn't asked to do it here at all.

So, all in all, it doesn't say anything about how he was coached while here.

Reaction Score
When he was an All American and leading the nation in rushing? He was coached just fine at UConn. Brown was a beast his last year and had one of the best stiff arms in college football. He went into a system not set up to run the ball, and struggled picking up the blitz. That and a few minor dings kept him down w/ Indi. New coach, new system, new opportunity for him to take advantage of.

Totally on board with his stiff arm. I can't remember anyone with as nasty a stuff as he can deliver! Case in point:

Purely disgusting, nasty stiff arm. Carry on, DB!!

Reaction Score
The regime change in Indianapolis was the best thing that could happen to Brown. I used to think that he needed to switch teams to get away from the Peyton Manning system. But he basically got that without having to move and now he is one of the vets on the squad.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think his issues stemmed a O-line that was just flat out awful at running the ball and them trying to protect Addai than anything that Donald Brown did or didn't do.

Reaction Score
Totally on board with his stiff arm. I can't remember anyone with as nasty a stuff as he can deliver! Case in point:

Purely disgusting, nasty stiff arm. Carry on, DB!!

Earl Campbell, but he's a hall of famer and that's not fair to the Donald.

More stiff arms:
:15-:20
2:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members