Great article about local high school team...UConn interest! | The Boneyard

Great article about local high school team...UConn interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
http://touch.courant.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85966428/

The link is to Lori Riley's article in Sunday's Courant....about undefeated Enfield High...now 20-0...
Class M...ranked #2 in the state in that division behind Cromwell. Hmm...I hope CPTVSports
will be televising the state finals!

EH has a 6'3" soph...Mary Baskerville. Marisa went to see her play and then Geno followed her a bit later.
I wonder how she will develop and whether UConn will maintain interest.

I did see her play on TV a few weeks ago. First impressions...a nice athlete for her size and age.
Much better on D at this point. Long arms...nice timing for blocks and rebounding. Very raw offensively though she seemed to have a nice sense of the passing game...unselfish. I check their box scores regulary and she is very consistent with points....say 14-22. normally a lot of blocks/rebounds.

If CPTVSports does show them in the tourney it would be interesting to see if any of the UConn staff are
courtside.
They have a nice guard [Delano]....can shoot and pass....good outside/inside combo with Mary.
I would guess that Delano will play in college at some level. They have 4 sophs and one junior starting...so this year should not be a fluke. EH is normally dreadful so 20-0 is quite a jump up.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Update: Enfield beat Bolton in the conference final 48-41. They did so without their best guard
who was out injured. Mary stepped up with 25/9 and 7 blocks. They are seeded #2 in Class M
with Cromwell #1...state tourney starts Monday. Hope it winds up 1 versus 2 with a UConn staff member courtside for the final game...on CPTV Sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom