Gotta love the Kentucky hype machine | The Boneyard

Gotta love the Kentucky hype machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We'll see another year of spectacular dunks in Lexington, Ky., next season.

That's largely because forward Marcus Lee will return to the Wildcats for his sophomore campaign, the school announced Friday. The NBA can wait.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ldcats-roster-returning-players-julius-randle

The school really had to announce that a player who averaged 2.4 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.3 minutes per game is coming back to school? LOL. Do they just assume that every freshman at Kentucky is going to the NBA after 1 year? How about they actually accomplish something before the school and the player think they're going to the NBA.

Reaction Score

That's largely because forward Marcus Lee will return to the Wildcats for his sophomore campaign, the school announced Friday. The NBA can wait.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ldcats-roster-returning-players-julius-randle

The school really had to announce that a player who averaged 2.4 points and 1.4 rebounds in 6.3 minutes per game is coming back to school? LOL. Do they just assume that every freshman at Kentucky is going to the NBA after 1 year? How about they actually accomplish something before the school and the player think they're going to the NBA.

Its fine with me they can have all the hype they want their trophy case is full of ESPin trophies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I wonder if he is going to back up Cauley-Stein again.

I did have to chuckle at the dramatic "the NBA can wait."

Reaction Score
They won't win with Calipari. 1-2 in finals.

Hard to say they won't win. Cal's model has proven successful. 3 title games and another final 4 appearance in 6 years. You gotta get there to win and Cal has been getting there at an amazing clip. He keeps getting to finals at the pace he has recently, he'll win some more titles as much as that sickens me. Unfortunately have to give the man props for exploiting the system and running his model of 1 and dones.

Reaction Score
I'm still amazed at how he managed to get this team to the title game based on a game plan of bulldozing the lane and playing ping pong on the offensive boards. I swear he didn't run a single offensive set in the NC game. They hung around with sheer athleticism.

Reaction Score
Hard to say they won't win. Cal's model has proven successful. 3 title games and another final 4 appearance in 6 years. You gotta get there to win and Cal has been getting there at an amazing clip. He keeps getting to finals at the pace he has recently, he'll win some more titles as much as that sickens me. Unfortunately have to give the man props for exploiting the system and running his model of 1 and dones.

And we`ve gone to 3 final fours and have 2 championships in that time with only 1 one and done.

Reaction Score
To be fair, his Memphis teams weren't structured this way. He had a lot of local talent that stuck around, and then picked up a player like Rose or Evans to complement more experienced players. It wasn't a bad system, nor nearly as damaging to college basketball, IMO.

But your point that his system is a success seems obvious at this point. At UK, his results are:

2010: E8
2011: FF
2012: NC
2013: NIT first round--they were pretty weak this year, but Noel did get lost for the season with some games left. They looked about as bad as this year's team did.
2014: Runner Up.

Those are results that all but UConn would sign up for right now.

Reaction Score
I've need seen a player get so hyped up about after one game where he had a handful of uncontested put back dunks.

Forget going pro, he probably should have transferred. He will be behind WCS, Johnson, Poythress, Lyles and Towns on the big man depth chart.

Reaction Score
I've need seen a player get so hyped up about after one game where he had a handful of uncontested put back dunks.

Forget going pro, he probably should have transferred. He will be behind WCS, Johnson, Poythress, Lyles and Towns on the big man depth chart.

I don't think he will….I just think Cal's a crappy coach and missed the boat on this kid all year. Although when he recruits he promises playing time I'm sure so someone's PT will be the wrath of his lies!

Reaction Score
To be fair, his Memphis teams weren't structured this way. He had a lot of local talent that stuck around, and then picked up a player like Rose or Evans to complement more experienced players. It wasn't a bad system, nor nearly as damaging to college basketball, IMO.

But your point that his system is a success seems obvious at this point. At UK, his results are:

2010: E8
2011: FF
2012: NC
2013: NIT first round--they were pretty weak this year, but Noel did get lost for the season with some games left. They looked about as bad as this year's team did.
2014: Runner Up.

Those are results that all but UConn would sign up for right now.
why would uconn 'sign up' for less NC's? Crazy Talk!

Reaction Score
I agree completely, that was the difference in the title game.
I'm still amazed at how he managed to get this team to the title game based on a game plan of bulldozing the lane and playing ping pong on the offensive boards. I swear he didn't run a single offensive set in the NC game. They hung around with sheer athleticism.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
walker11 said:
I've need seen a player get so hyped up about after one game where he had a handful of uncontested put back dunks. Forget going pro, he probably should have transferred. He will be behind WCS, Johnson, Poythress, Lyles and Towns on the big man depth chart.

Don't forget half of them were offensive goaltends that weren't called.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They had some skilled guys too. Randle and young have some good skills to complement that athleticism. That Harrison kid made some big time shots throughout as well. They could have gone down in a number of games prior to the final.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Looks like Dakari Johnson is returning to school as well. With him, Cauley-Stein, Poythress, Lyles, and Towns all on the roster, Marcus Lee will actually move down in the depth chart next year. Lee could probably average a double-double at like 97% schools in the country. Instead he'll most likely be glued to the bench and lucky to play 5 minutes a game.

Why 6 McDs AAs would want to fight each other for 2 post spots is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Looks like Dakari Johnson is returning to school as well. With him, Cauley-Stein, Poythress, Lyles, and Towns all on the roster, Marcus Lee will actually move down in the depth chart next year. Lee could probably average a double-double at like 97% schools in the country. Instead he'll most likely be glued to the bench and lucky to play 5 minutes a game.

Why 6 McDs AAs would want to fight each other for 2 post spots is beyond me.

Should be a huge wake up call to those that argued last week that the passing the 2 year in college rule would help spread out the elite recruits because top players won't want to sit the bench. When you have salesman like Calipari, they won't be that thoughtful.

Reaction Score
Caulley-Stein, Johnson, Trey Lyles and Karl Towns Jr. Not to mention Lee and Poythress. Going to be fun trying to manage that rotation.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
What's even more amazing to me is the fact that of all the front courts that they faced, OURS was the one that stopped them.

But of course it was just the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom