Gotta Hand It To Channel 3 | The Boneyard

Gotta Hand It To Channel 3

Reaction Score
Also of note, Connecticut Mattress had the two hockey Jakes in their ad.

Reaction Score
The WFSB announcers said Mitchell had no tackles. The box score on ESPN says he recorded 11 tackles, 5 solo.

Reaction Score
The WFSB announcers said Mitchell had no tackles. The box score on ESPN says he recorded 11 tackles, 5 solo.
Announcers talked good, but they stumbled quite a bit. When one guy created Tui Brown with a Sacred Heart player's reception I was done....with those guys in particular... bring back Joe D! and show more games on WFSB while you're at it.

Reaction Score
Here in Tampa was pleased to watch on the UCONN+ app via Roku. It was well done, wish every game was available this way.

Reaction Score
If it was Randy Brochu on the call he does a great job with hockey. I’m sure he’s working a double today with tonight’s UConn BC game so might explain a few stumbles if there were any.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I spoke a little early (halftime). They still get decent marks. If they were doing it every week instead of their first time, it would smooth out quickly. I was just happy to have something to watch when I couldn't make the game.

Reaction Score
If it was Randy Brochu on the call he does a great job with hockey. I’m sure he’s working a double today with tonight’s UConn BC game so might explain a few stumbles if there were any.
Speaking of the BC game tonight Why is that not at the XL? They could fill the barn with that game. Guessing it has something to do with the Wolfpack.

Reaction Score
The app worked flawlessly and the broadcast itself was fine. I was surprised there weren’t any ads during timeouts. Significantly better experience than ESPN+ and FloSports. And free!

Reaction Score
Speaking of the BC game tonight Why is that not at the XL? They could fill the barn with that game. Guessing it has something to do with the Wolfpack.
Correct. Wolf Pack game at the XL tonight vs. Syracuse Crunch.

Reaction Score
Missed the game in person due to ankle replacement surgery 10 days ago. My only negative comment on the telecast, and it's minor, is that whenever there was a closeup on the officiating crew, the camera angle made it look like the zebras were wearing shirts with blue & white stripes. The Mrs. & I laughed hysterically thinking that they were in UConn's official colors. The Sun can play some real visual tricks.

Reaction Score
For a one off production it was fine. Sherman is a professional announcer, but I’m used to seeing him to play by play for college hoops — mostly the MAAC. It was a little unusual that they couldn’t have an analyst in the booth, but overall the production was fine.

Reaction Score
Missed the game in person due to ankle replacement surgery 10 days ago. My only negative comment on the telecast, and it's minor, is that whenever there was a closeup on the officiating crew, the camera angle made it look like the zebras were wearing shirts with blue & white stripes. The Mrs. & I laughed hysterically thinking that they were in UConn's official colors. The Sun can play some real visual tricks.
Heal quickly, guy.

Reaction Score
For a one off production it was fine. Sherman is a professional announcer, but I’m used to seeing him to play by play for college hoops — mostly the MAAC. It was a little unusual that they couldn’t have an analyst in the booth, but overall the production was fine.
Who is Sherman? The WFSB broadcast team yesterday was Randy Brochu (pxp), Marc Robbins (color) and Joe Zone (sideline).

Reaction Score
How is it coming along, coach?
Pretty well. See my ortho-surgeon tomorrow to take the bandaging off, then be casted. No pain post-op. Had the right ankle done after last season & it went well. Had the left done this time. You Really don't know how much pain you're in until you don't have it any more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom