Gotta admit... it's tough... | The Boneyard

Gotta admit... it's tough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... seeing our former guys (coaches) getting opportunities, and what we have now has zero ties to any of it... what we built while at the FBS level and what we have now are so distant it ain't even funny... I truly hope we made the right decision with the drastic change... I felt like we built a bit of an identity when Edsall took over... currently we have none....

Reaction Score
... seeing our former guys (coaches) getting opportunities, and what we have now has zero ties to any of it... what we built while at the FBS level and what we have now are so distant it ain't even funny... I truly hope we made the right decision with the drastic change... I felt like we built a bit of an identity when Edsall took over... currently we have none....

The drastic change was hiring PP.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
A 2 win season along with all we have been through may have you thinking that way, it is not the case.

After two years less than effective recruiting class due to coaching changes, roster depletion & some key injuries....... there were still 4 games that should have been W's. Now if we should have won 6 games with all that went the wrong way the past 4 years, then the truth is we are not that far away.

Get me a pass rush so that the young DB's do not have to cover for 6 seconds Get me some OL that can protect a QB & get a yard against a 1AA team. Teach the RB's how to hold the ball. Get an offensive game plan that can keep the D fresh for the 2nd half. These are not impossible or even difficult tasks.

If we find good quality QB play, now we are competing for the AAC championships (who was it that was unstoppable in the AAC) & competitive with most of the P5.

This board shows no mental toughness. The past 4 months have been very, very difficult...........but it is just a line in the record book that I intend to blackout & ignore.

Reaction Score
Hathaway set the program back with the pp hire. We're starting from scratch.

Reaction Score
The way the oline matured as the season progressed, competent qb play can have us competitive again. The defense got worn down as the progressed, but early in the year they turned in some decent performances. Our three best overall games were against. Ucf, Boise, and ECU.

If we go late into the season with legit chance to still make a bowl, I will consider it a successful bounce back year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom