Gosh, I Hope Moriah Is Justly Rewarded... | The Boneyard

Gosh, I Hope Moriah Is Justly Rewarded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We obviously don't know for certain exactly where Moriah will go in the WNBA draft, but if it turns out she is selected #2 by San Antonio she would be a straight 250 mile shot up Route 35 (a 4 hour ride) to her family in Glenn Heights. After the pure joy and quintessential excitement Moriah has given UConn fans these past years (and assuming she does want to go home), then absolutely nothing in the world would make me happier than to see that become a reality for our beautiful and incomparable Moriah Jefferson.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Moriah rocks!!!! Our mighty mite!!!!!!!
Yes she does !!! And Yes she is...........3 years seems to have gone by so quickly. Now we are in our last year of joy and wonderment with these Three Amigos ( Stewie, Tuck, and Mo). Regardless as to how this upcoming season ends , we have already enjoyed one of the most incredible rides anyone could have imagined.

Mo , you may be the smallest of the three , but you will always have a BIG place in the hearts of BY'ers.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
While I am sure Moriah would like SA, I think there is a high possibility of trade talks with both SA and the Sun from teams looking for backcourt help - Mitchell might be the SA choice between her and Moriah, just because of their current roster, and while the cost for the Seattle pick will be astronomical and unlikely to be met, the cost for any of the other picks will not be. Could MN package something for an heir to Whalen, LA? I don't see her as a Laimbeer type player, but she would pretty interesting in that roster.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We obviously don't know for certain exactly where Moriah will go in the WNBA draft, but if it turns out she is selected #2 by San Antonio she would be a straight 250 mile shot up Route 35 (a 4 hour ride) to her family in Glenn Heights. After the pure joy and quintessential excitement Moriah has given UConn fans these past years (and assuming she does want to go home), then absolutely nothing in the world would make me happier than to see that become a reality for our beautiful and incomparable Moriah Jefferson.

We have watched Moriah grow up. Remember when was an incoming freshman?. Geno said "she looked like an escapee from the 8th grade". She no longer looks like an 8th grader. She has grow up to become a beautiful, intelligent and articulate young lady, that UConn fans have come to know and love. You've got the entire population of UConn Nation rooting and cheering for you. Ya done good Mo! We love you. :)

Reaction Score
I don't follow the WNBA that closely. How does she fit in if it is SA? What teams might want to trade for Moriah? I could imagine a non-lottery team being willing to trade two solid players or a player and lower draft choice if they have the frontcourt and need a PG for the future. Does SA need help in several positions so that they might entertain the idea?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I don't follow the WNBA that closely. How does she fit in if it is SA? What teams might want to trade for Moriah? I could imagine a non-lottery team being willing to trade two solid players or a player and lower draft choice if they have the frontcourt and need a PG for the future. Does SA need help in several positions so that they might entertain the idea?

I can see that happening. Danielle Robinson is SA's starting PG. She's still in her early 20's. she's a seasoned veteran that's quick and savvy.
SA might entertain a trade that would bring them two or more established veterans. They need help at every position.

Reaction Score
I have always been an over the top Moriah fan...... so accomplished, so quick, so much like super glue on defense..... and the shooting which she has worked on has killed our opponents these last couple of years.....

....... and she helps elderly people cross the street, she always hands in her assignments on time, and eats her vegetables every day....

I am already getting sad thinking about her graduation from UConn......

Thanks again for all you do, Moriah.

Reaction Score
I have always been an over the top Moriah fan. so accomplished, so quick, so much like super glue on defense..... and the shooting which she has worked on has killed our opponents these last couple of years.....

.. and she helps elderly people cross the street, she always hands in her assignments on time, and eats her vegetables every day....

I am already getting sad thinking about her graduation from UConn.

Is Moriah vegetarian? Her smile in the photo is just fascinating ....

Reaction Score
Here are the rosters of guards now on teams in the WNBA-
WHO NEEDS MOJEFF MORE?

CT A. Bentley/J. Thomas/C. Gray/K. Faris
Atlanta* T. Hayes/M. Ajavon/S. Schimmel/C. Cortijo/A. McCoughtry (trade Ajavon get MoJeff)
Indiana L. Clarendon/B. January/S. Zellous/S. Johnson
NY B. Boyd/E. Prince/S. Rogers/C. Wiggins/T. Wright
Chicago C. Pondexter/A. Quigley/C. Vandersloot/J. Faulkner
LA A. Dabovic/T. Johnson/E. Phillips/K. Tolliver
PHX* DT/N. Quinn/M. Xarguy C./P. Taylor/T. Bias/D. Bonner (could use MoJeff)
Tulsa/DALLAS S. Diggins/B. Kiesel/O. Sims/R. Williams
MN R. Montgomery/L. Whalen/S. Augustus/A. Cruz/K. Greene
San Antonio* S. Colson/S. Logic/D. Robinson/J. Perkins (J. Perkins older, Could use MoJeff/2nd pick!)
Washington B. Hartley/A. Herrington/T. Hill/I. Latta/K. Lawson/T. Ruffin-Pratt
Seattle* S. Bird/J. Loyd/A. Goodrich/J. O'Hea/M. Wright (Could use MoJeff)

* = Could use MoJeff

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
RSH - if you add age into the equation, K. Lawson, L. Whalen, S. Bird are all a few years (or less) from retirement one suspects and you could add their teams to those that could 'use' Moriah.
And I suspect given the nature of their guards, San Antonio might be more tempted by a shooting guard than a PG.

HGN

Reaction Score
Here are the rosters of guards now on teams in the WNBA-
WHO NEEDS MOJEFF MORE?

CT A. Bentley/J. Thomas/C. Gray/K. Faris
Atlanta* T. Hayes/M. Ajavon/S. Schimmel/C. Cortijo/A. McCoughtry (trade Ajavon get MoJeff)
Indiana L. Clarendon/B. January/S. Zellous/S. Johnson
NY B. Boyd/E. Prince/S. Rogers/C. Wiggins/T. Wright
Chicago C. Pondexter/A. Quigley/C. Vandersloot/J. Faulkner
LA A. Dabovic/T. Johnson/E. Phillips/K. Tolliver
PHX* DT/N. Quinn/M. Xarguy C./P. Taylor/T. Bias/D. Bonner (could use MoJeff)
Tulsa/DALLAS S. Diggins/B. Kiesel/O. Sims/R. Williams
MN R. Montgomery/L. Whalen/S. Augustus/A. Cruz/K. Greene
San Antonio* S. Colson/S. Logic/D. Robinson/J. Perkins (J. Perkins older, Could use MoJeff/2nd pick!)
Washington B. Hartley/A. Herrington/T. Hill/I. Latta/K. Lawson/T. Ruffin-Pratt
Seattle* S. Bird/J. Loyd/A. Goodrich/J. O'Hea/M. Wright (Could use MoJeff)

* = Could use MoJeff
The Sparks and The Mystics are my choice. Each could use a pass first point guard. She is definitely a First Round pick. A Lottery choice.

Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that Moriah eats a can of spinach each and every morning...... whatever other vegetables she eats to make her so mighty I can only guess

Reaction Score
I have always been an over the top Moriah fan. so accomplished, so quick, so much like super glue on defense..... and the shooting which she has worked on has killed our opponents these last couple of years.....

.. and she helps elderly people cross the street, she always hands in her assignments on time, and eats her vegetables every day....

I am already getting sad thinking about her graduation from UConn.

No one who bleeds a little blue & white for the ladies is not going to be saddened as she and Stewart are a scant 6 months from ending their UConn careers. But take heart in being such a a fan of these young women, we get to keep them around for the full four years. Think about the talent we've been privileged to follow here at UConn, especially since the WNBA provided at least a small opportunity for work after graduation. How many of our girls, had they been equally talented members of the men's game would we have lost after less than 4 seasons? Taurasi, Moore, Bird, Stewart, KML, Jefferson, Dolson, Cash, Jones, Abrosimova, Ralph, etc. Having them for all four years is special.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I agree that it's wonderful that players play a full four years in WCBB. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about the Jewel Loyd decision and really hope it didn't set a trend.

Reaction Score
No one who bleeds a little blue & white for the ladies is not going to be saddened as she and Stewart are a scant 6 months from ending their UConn careers. But take heart in being such a a fan of these young women, we get to keep them around for the full four years. Think about the talent we've been privileged to follow here at UConn, especially since the WNBA provided at least a small opportunity for work after graduation. How many of our girls, had they been equally talented members of the men's game would we have lost after less than 4 seasons? Taurasi, Moore, Bird, Stewart, KML, Jefferson, Dolson, Cash, Jones, Abrosimova, Ralph, etc. Having them for all four years is special.

Yes, and I also think of Morgan from that same class..... with any luck we will get to see her one more year..... how lucky we are supporting the national flag blue and white.....all the gals who have passed thru our program thru the years..... i perpetually thank them all.....

Carnac

Reaction Score
As "hard core" followers of the UConn women's basketball program, it's easy to become spoiled. Winning all of those championships in bunches, it could become easy to begin to take them for granted. Yes, we are very lucky and fortunate to root for, and witness our team win so many national championships over he past few years. The funny thing about the upcoming season is that most teams hope to win this year's championship.

At UConn, they seriously EXPECT to win the championship. When the season begins, it will be "business as usual".
Geno and his staff will begin to prepare the team for the final six games of the year, just like he does every year. And again, like last year, UConn will be the team to beat.

On the PTI program, Kornheiser would ask Wilbon "who ya got", Tiger or the field? (in an upcoming golf tournament).
I'll pose the same question...who ya got? UConn or the field? Years ago, I decided to place a friendly wager on Floyd "money" Mayweather every time he fought. Bet on him until he loses was my approach. It was a very profitable decision.

In case you're wondering, the cape and turban had nothing to do with that. That was a "gut" feeling. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I agree that it's wonderful that players play a full four years in WCBB. Which is exactly why I'm nervous about the Jewel Loyd decision and really hope it didn't set a trend.
Didnt EPip do it already or was it kind of different?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Huh???
Me too.
200_s.gif

Im waiting for an answer as well

Reaction Score
With apologies possible on spelling, Epiphany Prince was a Rutgers guard who left school before her class. I think the difference being as I recall she went to play overseas where the rules of the WNBA eligibility did not apply.

Reaction Score
I just wish that people would stop talking about "Stewie winning her fourth Championship". Really bugs me. Let's be more accurate and reward Mo (and Morgan): "Really hope that Stewie and Mo and Morgan win THEIR fourth Championship".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom