Gorecki to Duke | The Boneyard

Gorecki to Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe Haley made the to verbal to Duke because UCONN is in the lead for Asia Durr. I wish the best of luck to Haley in her Duke career.

U

UCONNfan1

Maybe Haley made the to verbal to Duke because UCONN is in the lead for Asia Durr. I wish the best of luck to Haley in her Duke career.
You know this how?

Either way congrats to Duke. She seems like a good kid and a really solid player. And I'm sure it's a load off her mind to have chosen her college destination for the next 4 years...

U

UCONNfan1

Probably doesn't "KNOW" it at all and that's why it was prefaced with the word "MAYBE".
Not to parse English for you, but the way it's written "because UCONN is in the lead for Asia Durr" is definitive. The "maybe" refers to Gorecki's possible reason, not UCONN's "lead for Asia Durr". It would have been different if it read "because UCONN possibly leads for Asia Durr", but it did not say that.

It's possible that your interpretation is what the poster meant, but that's not what the statement actually says... Believe me - I'd love it if UCONN leads for Durr! She's a potential superstar...! :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not to parse English for you, but the way it's written "because UCONN is in the lead for Asia Durr" is definitive. The "maybe" refers to Gorecki's possible reason, not UCONN's "lead for Asia Durr". It would have been different if it read "because UCONN possibly leads for Asia Durr", but it did not say that.

It's possible that your interpretation is what the poster meant, but that's not what the statement actually says... Believe me - I'd love it if UCONN leads for Durr! She's a potential superstar...! :)
Nope, I read it like saux, too.

Last edited:
U

UCONNfan1

Nope I read it like saux, too.
well then apologies if i read it wrong. Their English is incorrect which lead me to read it literally, not how the poster meant it.

Reaction Score
We got Erin Boley coming in next weekend. It is about time for something GREAT to happen.
Enjoy your visit Erin !

JS

Reaction Score
Their English is incorrect which lead me to read it literally, not how the poster meant it.
"Their English is incorrect" is incorrect English when you presumably mean "his."

It's also an indefinite reference in a couple of respects, as was your original "You know this how?"

And your "Not to parse English for you" was snide.

Other than that, nice posting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke got a guard!!

Woohoooo!!

everybody-dance.gif

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
"Their English is incorrect" is incorrect English when you presumably mean "his."

It's also an indefinite reference in a couple of respects, as was your original "You know this how?"

LOL!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno: Well, thanks for stopping in! :)

#learning
#wecouldntstop#23or#30

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
On a more serious note, any guard looking at UConn would have to be unbelievably confident given this year's freshman class together with MoJet, and Chong. It is fairly obvious Duke needs guards.

U

UCONNfan1

Thanks! Appreciate it!

Reaction Score
Give me Boynkin, Samuelson and brown and I am very happy to call it a 2015 recruiting year. Durr would be the cherry on top but not necessary imo with the guards and wings that will be here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Give me Boynkin, Samuelson and brown and I am very happy to call it a 2015 recruiting year. Durr would be the cherry on top but not necessary imo with the guards and wings that will be here.

Samuelson is also a wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
It makes sense for promising guards to give UConn a pass for a couple of years. Those positions are filled.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It makes sense for promising guards to give UConn a pass for a couple of years. Those positions are filled.

For someone like Durr, no position is filled. 2 guard would be wide open (to try to earn minutes for).

Reaction Score
For someone like Durr, no position is filled. 2 guard would be wide open (to try to earn minutes for).
That may well be. In the particular case, wasn't the most recent bit that Durr was likely to join her new bff Diamond on the orange brick road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom