Good ticket story. | The Boneyard

Good ticket story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking back to the FF in San Antonio and remembered a great moment I had and I thought I would share. Please add any other stories about Huskies taking care of other Huskies. (Thought it would help kill some time before Friday).

My wife got tickets to the FF in San Antonio via work before we knew UCONN was one of the teams. They were really bad seats- but free. My wife's boss's spouse is a huge Dook fan and we "joked" about having to sit near each other during the semi finals.

About 5 days before the game I came into position of 4 tickets for the semi final game- 15 rows up center court-in the UCONN section for the game. My wife said " great my boss will be so happy" to which I replied "there is absolutely no way what so ever that I am bringing a Dookie into the UCONN section for this game-none". She was pissed and told me I had to tell her boss and spouse they were not invited to join us in our upgraded seats- so I told them.

The question now was what to do with these two tickets. They were selling for $1200 a piece for the Dook game however I got them for nothing. I started walking around the venue about an hour before the game and saw a dad and his 9 year old kid all decked out in UCONN gear holding up a "We need a miracle" sign. I walked up to them and handed them the two tickets and said "miracles happen".

Sat next to them the whole game and at the end while we were jumping around he looked at me and told me he would be a hero to his kid forever after this. Needless to say it was a good weekend.

Just wanted to share- brings a smile to my face every time I think about it. Got to stick it to a Dookie and give tickets to a die hard UCONN fan and his kid. Does it get any better then that?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you still married? The same woman?

Reaction Score
You should lied to the boss and told him that you only got two tickets.

Reaction Score
Is she still employed? At the same business?
Yes I am stil married and her boss just rehired her as a VP for a large company two years ago. (My wife left for greener pastures a year later). Got to be true to yourself and that was NOT going to happen.

Reaction Score
In the early eighties me and my "best girl" drove up to the Civic Center (at the time I was living in Stamford) to scalp tickets to the Syracuse game. Some guy and his kid saw me talking to a scalper who I had walked away from (too much $$ for tiks) and said he had 2 for sale - face value. The scalper came over and saw the Tiks and offered the guy $200 each. The guy told him to get lost and told him you are only going to sell them for a profit. I got them for $25 each. FOUR rows behind the UConn bench. Some may remember this game. There was an issue as time expired with Syr ahead. Boehiem took his team to the locker room very quickly hoping to convince the refs that they won. The refs reversed what ever was the call was and brought back Sry from locker room. UConn went on to win (I think..so long ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom