good read by borges: Cassell Jr. | The Boneyard

good read by borges: Cassell Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
With so many good players on board or on the way or possibly on the way, Cassell can be overlooked. I suspect he will be a nice surprise...he just seems to have a great deal of poise and maturity to his game. Hearing that he is in really great shape also bodes well. Hooo haaaa!

Reaction Score
People on here have mentioned some ahead of Jr……..think he's going to be hard to keep off the floor!

Reaction Score
Sounds like KO needs him more off ball in his first year . So depth chart looking like
Boat/TSam
Purvis/Cassell

That's nice with versatility. Can shift purvis down one also. Too bad we don't have a stretch 4 smh

U

UCONNfan1

Samuel really surprised me last year in the home stretch - his play and composure were really solid and surprising. We have a lot of question marks, but also a lot of potential. Looking forward to seeing everyone play...

Reaction Score
Love that he wants to be a Point… Love to be flush with guys that can handle the rock, get their own shot, & run the O…

Reaction Score
Sounds like KO needs him more off ball in his first year . So depth chart looking like
Boat/TSam
Purvis/Cassell

That's nice with versatility. Can shift purvis down one also. Too bad we don't have a stretch 4 smh

Great to have many options…..could play out even:

Boat/Cassell/TSam
Purvis/Cassell

or

The lineup could be Boat-Rodney-Cassell Jr-DHam-Brimah too………lots of looks available

Reaction Score
So senior helped beat Uconn and now his son is going to Uconn. Sounds a little like how Lamb's dad helped beat Uconn and then he came to Uconn. Thats worked out well for us, I hope this works out just as well.

Reaction Score
Boat/TSam
Purvis/Cassell

Agree, we are very versatile with our guards this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cassell running some point this year with Boat and Purvis on the wings.

Also, Facey might play the roll of a stretch 4. He won't step out as far as Daniels, but hopefully he can reliable knock down the foul line extended.

Reaction Score
I think Cassell is going to be a steal. You can't ignore the bloodlines and when you watch videos, he just "knows" how to play regardless of athleticism and the other things that boost or kill a player's ranking. I honestly see a taller Shabazz; who was essentially a better playmaking clone of Sam Sr.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that we are going to really like Sam. He has worked hard to get here .

PWS

Reaction Score
So senior helped beat Uconn and now his son is going to Uconn. Sounds a little like how Lamb's dad helped beat Uconn and then he came to Uconn. Thats worked out well for us, I hope this works out just as well.
Lamb's dad never beat UConn. He hit a game winner against one of Calhoun's Northeastern teams in the NCAA Tourn.

Reaction Score
Lamb's dad never beat UConn. He hit a game winner against one of Calhoun's Northeastern teams in the NCAA Tourn.

Yea that's right, forgot it was before he got to uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99