Good news: Stewie is not transferring and plays really well in big games..!! | The Boneyard

Good news: Stewie is not transferring and plays really well in big games..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
stewie dressed up.jpg

The three most important games of Breanna Stewart's UConn career are, in order of importance :
1. 2013 Final Four - Semi-final victory over Notre Dame
2. 2014 Final Four - Final victory over Notre Dame
3. 2013 Final Four - Final victory over Louisville

The first Notre Dame victory was Stewie's "coming out party" as a Super Star. That victory erased the bitter taste of 3 Notre Dame victories earlier in the season and launched UConn toward their 8th National Championship. The other two victories were games with the 8th and 9th N.C. on the line. The Notre Dame final gets 2nd place because N.D. was undefeated and well, they're Notre Dame, and beating them is oh so sweet. ;)

Stewie's statistics in these "most important games" are almost unreal. At a time when most players are feeling a tightness in their throat and a knot in their stomach, Stewie was lighting the house on fire. :cool:
1. Stewie scored 73 total points or 24.3 pts per game.
2. Her shooting % from the field, 29-46 or 63%. From the free throw line, 8-10 or 80%.
3. Rebounds = 23, blocks = 9, assists = 8 and 4 steals, all vs only 4 turnovers.
4. In those 3 games, Stewie played 101 minutes, almost 34 minutes per game.
5. Statistical improvement in every category from the season averages.

Geno says there is room for even more improvement from Stewie. Really? So her incredible performances in the three biggest games of her career at UConn were just the appetizer? Bring on the main course and dessert. :)

The one thing noticeably absent from Stewie so far in her time at UConn is conceit and/or arrogance. She is humble, lovable and maybe even a bit "goofy" off the court. :rolleyes: Also, as pictured above, she is a beautiful person, inside and out. Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Stewie's statistics in these "most important games" are almost unreal. At a time when most players are feeling a tightness in their throat and a knot in their stomach, Stewie is lighting the house on fire. :cool:
1. Stewie scored 73 total points or 24.3 pts per game.
2. Her shooting % from the field, 29-46 or 63%. From the free throw line, 8-10 or 80%.
3. Rebounds = 23, blocks = 9, assists = 8 and 4 steals, all vs only 4 turnovers.
4. In those 3 games, Stewie played 101 minutes, almost 34 minutes per game.
5. Statistical improvement in every category from the season averages.

That's very impressive. Big time player. Love it.

Reaction Score
During her freshman slump, I was afraid that she was going to transfer. I suspect that we owe a lot of her staying to CD, who took her under her wing. Probably to the upperclassmen as well.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
During her freshman slump, I was afraid that she was going to transfer. I suspect that we owe a lot of her staying to CD, who took her under her wing. Probably to the upperclassmen as well.
You were really afraid she was going to transfer? Never crossed my mind.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
My Stewie Story- saw Stewie and Messiah at one of the big Htfd games their sr yr of HS after they committed. When I saw them head up the stairs from behind our bench, I felt compelled to scurry to that area from diagonally across the XL Center. Chatted for a bit with them, then Asked them both for a picture. It was so comical with Stewie on one arm and Messiah on the other. Brought the printed picture to First Night this past yr, and when they were signing it, I asked if they remembered taking the picture- and they both said, r u kidding you're the first CT "wack job" or fan, can't remember which term they used, that we had taken a picture with!
In Nashville, after the game when Geno was being interviewed by Rebecca & Kara & Kevin, Stewie was on deck sitting on low stairs, wtg for her turn right next to Geno. We were right behind the camera shooting Geno - and had a clear eye contact path to Stewie from 15ft. When we made contact she gave us the warmest smile. She gave us a few posed picture shots. And when I mouthed/whispered to her- "you remember me"?, she loudly whispers back- "of course I remember you" with almost an incredulous look- like why wouldn't I? They are all so talented, so beautiful and so classy- and that is the reason This program makes me nuts!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stewie might be what you call a reluctant superstar, she just enjoys playing the game.

Gotta disagree bagger. There is nothing reluctant about Stewie's run to superstardom and she is still running. She has a great inner drive. This is the kid who said I came to UConn to win 4 National Championships. She has big, big goals, but is grounded and is mature enough not to get wrapped up in the nonsense that could envelope someone of her talent. She is supremely confident and centered. Nothing reluctant about her. Was it after the Duke game when she decided to tackle the Coach hair muss all on her own?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Gotta disagree bagger. There is nothing reluctant about Stewie's run to supers om and she is still running. She has a great inner drive. This is the kid who said I came to UConn to win 4 National Championships. She has big, big goals, but is grounded and is mature enough not to get wrapped up in the nonsense that could envelope someone of her talent. She is supremely confident and centered. Nothing reluctant about her. Was it after the Duke game when she decided to tackle the Coach hair muss all on her own?
Rocky- u r astute- that mono a mono hair muss was a powerful statement that she had kind of arrived, like the way Turasi used to handle Geno in their own unique ways!

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky- u r astute- that mono a mono hair muss was a powerful statement that she had kind of arrived, like the way Turasi used to handle Gino in their own unique ways!

Diana knew how to skate on the edge for sure. In the end Geno let us all know that he would bring Diana over during a game to tell her something and she would tell it to him before he could start!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Diana knew how to skate on the edge for sure. In the end Geno let us all know that he would bring Diana over during a game to tell her something and she would tell it to him before he could start!
One of my favorites was when she made a pass and the player was already defended and in place to take the charge. geno is screaming, calls timeout, and after giving it to D for a while, while she was shaking her head like yes, yes , yes, when she was done listening, she backhands him in the chest with a soft tap - like ok coach I got it, and heads into the game. It defines her and their relationship for me. One of my personal favorite moments. It may have been the Big East game we lost to BC - but I can't be sure.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its not the kids... its the COACH, Geno encourage them to act a certain way (along with CD Shea and MM) and they do... other coaches spoil and allow the players to do whatever!

kids are kids... lets not act like they wouldnt trash talk, swag their finger or stick their tongue out if they were on another team.

maybe, maybe not... who knows!

Coach Auriemma manages his teams very well... which has kids signing with other teams (partially)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Yeah, well, KML isn't transferring and averaged 17, 8, and 3 in the NCAA tourney...so choke on that! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom