Good game fellas | The Boneyard

Good game fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know it didn't turn out the way you wanted but I thought your team did play hard and I never saw any lack of hustle and UConn never quit especially when you were able to force that missed field goal. You have a long way to go but if Diaco can continue to implement his system and recruit at a high level you're going to get where you need to be. You still might be a year away but you can see your kids understand the gameplan and continue to listen to the coaches. Especially on the QB runs. Being as attentive as the Husky players are isn't exactly easy when things aren't going your way. Best wishes from here on out. We'll see you on the BB court. Beat Memphis.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Trade ya bob diacco for hank Hughes?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I know it didn't turn out the way you wanted but I thought your team did play hard and I never saw any lack of hustle and UConn never quit especially when you were able to force that missed field goal. You have a long way to go but if Diaco can continue to implement his system and recruit at a high level you're going to get where you need to be. You still might be a year away but you can see your kids understand the gameplan and continue to listen to the coaches. Especially on the QB runs. Being as attentive as the Husky players are isn't exactly easy when things aren't going your way. Best wishes from here on out. We'll see you on the BB court. Beat Memphis.

please stop insulting our intelligence

:(

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Beat Memphis?

What a . Patronize a fan base that isn't already feeling gut-punched.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Beat Memphis?? We couldn't beat Mercy High School.

I can't tell if the OP is being completely sarcastic or is genuinely saying things like "I thought your team played hard". Well intentioned or not, I think we have a difference of opinion in what exactly constitutes "playing hard".

Reaction Score
The team, save for a few players, did not play hard. And that is the first time I have said that this season.

Reaction Score
Beat Memphis?? We couldn't beat Mercy High School.

I can't tell if the OP is being completely sarcastic or is genuinely saying things like "I thought your team played hard". Well intentioned or not, I think we have a difference of opinion in what exactly constitutes "playing hard".

Yesterday was arguably our worst loss in 15 years. He's clearly just being a dick.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was arguably our worst loss in 15 years. He's clearly just being a dick.

2013 vs. Buffalo.
2014 vs. Army
2014 vs. Tulane
2012 vs. W. Michigan
2011 v. W. Michigan
2013 vs. Towson
2014 vs. USF
2013 vs. UCF
Any time Temple somehow has enough good players to beat us

Oh, and West Virginia just scored again. God duck**** D*** IT. I am sick of saying this might have been our worst loss in god knows how many years seemingly every single week.

Reaction Score
You beat UCF and handed them their only loss since joining the conference. I don't think I would say you have played great this year but you are capable of beating teams. I know your seniors do not want to go out at 2-10 so I fully expect coach Diaco to have his team ready for the game at Memphis televised by ESPNews. As an outsider I have a lot of respect for the UConn football program. Diaco inherited a mess and it's not fair to totally turn against him in year one. You've gotten better each week in different areas. I thought your special teams were really solid yesterday, no big returns and then you were able to steal some momentum when you forced that missed field goal. It's going to take a little while, but your program will get back to where it belongs.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
AACREIGNS said:
You beat UCF and handed them their only loss since joining the conference. I don't think I would say you have played great this year but you are capable of beating teams. I know your seniors do not want to go out at 2-10 so I fully expect coach Diaco to have his team ready for the game at Memphis televised by ESPNews. As an outsider I have a lot of respect for the UConn football program. Diaco inherited a mess and it's not fair to totally turn against him in year one. You've gotten better each week in different areas. I thought your special teams were really solid yesterday, no big returns and then you were able to steal some momentum when you forced that missed field goal. It's going to take a little while, but your program will get back to where it belongs.
Thank you, Mrs. Diaco.

Reaction Score
I don't know what this says about our expectations as a national program, but...

We won a national championship this weekend and it was still a terrible sports weekend. Not many schools can say that.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I've never wanted to assist on a throat punch before but I'm down in this case....

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I don't know what this says about our expectations as a national program, but...

We won a national championship this weekend and it was still a terrible sports weekend. Not many schools can say that.

Read the EspnW story on this and was surprised to learn that field hockey settles ties with something called a 'stroke-off'... I'm a little afraid to research further.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Towson St?
@ Buffalo?

getting pushed around by smaller kids is hard to stomach, at least Cinci is supposed to push us around :rolleyes:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Towson St?
@ Buffalo?

getting pushed around by smaller kids is hard to stomach, at least Cinci is supposed to push us around :rolleyes:

I feel like every blowout loss is seen as our worst loss ever here.

Reaction Score
Towson St?
@ Buffalo?

Enough of the Towson St. crap. It's Towson University. There is no humor in calling it Towson St.

Reaction Score
BNich said:
Enough of the Towson St. crap. It's Towson University. There is no humor in calling it Towson St.

G damn it. Townson!

Reaction Score
BNich said:
And your backhanded attempt at humor is anything but humorous as well.

I don't think it is funny at all. I love all of the authoritative posts on this board that reference Townson, Cochrane, Whitlock, etc.

People here are all geniuses yet can't spell better than third graders.

Reaction Score
I'm really not trying to be rude. I honestly did think your team played hard throughout the entire game. And I credit Bob Diaco and the really good staff he put together. Let's be Frank, the roster Mr. Diaco inherited was horrible so he does have some cleaning out to do. The recruiting is going well and when these kids get to UConn and get in the weight room and continue to develop you're going to see the results in 2-3 years when they get on the field. I would compare this season to a toddler trying to push a wheel barrel full of sand up a hill, pretty much impossible and they're going to struggle. Give this man time. You're improving every week. Bob is a really good coach and an even better person. He's going to turn this around. Now is the time this is the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom