Good Calhoun article | The Boneyard

Good Calhoun article

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some highlights:
Now that Ollie is inked for the long-term -- Calhoun's ultimate post-retirement wish -- he's ready to approach former players about donations for the new practice facility.
He outlines the league payout for NCAA tournament success, and wonders how Providence and Seton Hall can take "a portion of the shares that they didn't earn" and leave the conference.
But any situation outside of this Gampel Pavilion office would seem really unusual, especially when he says things like "we need to have a whole re-look at how we distribute tickets" and "if we play in a league that isn't as strong as what we've been in, we've got to schedule up on the outside, much like Memphis did with (John) Calipari."
"Well, yeah, the conference thing hurt us. The NCAA (violations), I could say it doesn't bother me, of course it bothers me. Does it stop me from believing in who I was? Not a bit. Do I know the intentions I had were always right? Yep. Do I think $3,700 (improper benefits from a former team manager in the Nate Miles case) and rules that don't even exist anymore are as big a deal as they made it? No."

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/uconn/article/Calhoun-may-be-retired-as-coach-but-he-s-still-4170085.php#ixzz2HRRvITpH

Reaction Score
good read .
note to author, i don't need to read with incredible detail how calhoun is picking at his hand with skin flicking up to his sweater....

Reaction Score
[He] recently spoke with Bill Clinton about ideas for the Clinton Global Initiative

Impressive.

Like how JC talked about reevaluating ticketing, scheduling up, etc. - he understands you can't just monitor the situation.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Now that Ollie is inked for the long-term -- Calhoun's ultimate post-retirement wish -- he's ready to approach former players about donations for the new practice facility"

Regarding the above, I quote Elvis, "A little less conversation, a little more action please."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Now that Ollie is inked for the long-term -- Calhoun's ultimate post-retirement wish -- he's ready to approach former players about donations for the new practice facility"

Regarding the above, I quote Elvis, "A little less conversation, a little more action please."
I had suspected that the delay in getting donations from former players was linked to whether Ollie got extended. Not surprising given Donny's comments, which purported to speak for other former players as well. Right or wrong, they and JC all appear to be of the mindset that UConn family means keeping it in the family. I also suspect that KO's donation before he was extended was strategically intended to distance himself from that suggestion.

Reaction Score
But any situation outside of this Gampel Pavilion office would seem really unusual, especially when he says things like "we need to have a whole re-look at how we distribute tickets" and "if we play in a league that isn't as strong as what we've been in, we've got to schedule up on the outside, much like Memphis did with (John) Calipari."

This part intrigued me, because I think we all believe the tickets, marketing etc. needs some attention and some have suggested just having a really tough OOC schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom