Good article on Lamb in the Boston Globe | The Boneyard

Good article on Lamb in the Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure why it's in the Globe since I don't think the Celtics have a shot at him where they are picking. A good read if you're not sick of the NBA draft articles already.

In like a Lamb, Boston Globe

Reaction Score
The Globe always has pieces on New England are basketball and football draft prospects leading up to the draft.

Reaction Score
Not sure why it's in the Globe since I don't think the Celtics have a shot at him where they are picking. A good read if you're not sick of the NBA draft articles already.

In like a Lamb, Boston Globe

The article talks about Jeremy stepping out from behind his brother's shadow in his senior year of high school and leading the team.....I wish he would have stepped out from behind Kemba's shadow and lead the Huskies. Maybe he just didn't stay around long enough to do it....

Reaction Score
As much as last season is a blur to me, I'm going to miss Lamb's floaters. He has such a fun throwback type offensive game. Not since the Iceman Gervin, has there been a player who thrives on the Floater as a mainstay to his arsenal. I guess Rondo has an array of creative mid-range shots, but Lamb has this move where he reaches back and flips up that shot as the defender flies by with little to no shot of getting a finger on that ball. It's a thing of beauty which goes in more than it doesn't.

It will be interesting to see if he's as affective at the next level with that shot. I think there are some uber-athletes, like Lebron, who are going to send that shot 10 rows deep. It's not the primary defender JL is going to have to worry about but that secondary defender that often flies out of nowhere. As eye popping some of Andre Drummond's blocks were this past season, there are a lot of NBA teams that have an athlete or two that can erase shots that would have gone down in college.

Reaction Score
NBA athletes haven't stopped Parker, Rose, Rondo and Mark Jackson in the past from getting that shot off and Jeremy will be shooting it from a higher point than all of them. I just hope he utilizes it at the next level instead of settling like he did this past season, the way defenses were keyed on him played a part in that but it was on him a bit as well.

Reaction Score
I think Lamb will benefit tremendously from the fact that NBA offenses are about a thousand times more competent than UConn's was last season.

His specialty is obviously his mid-range game. And since he won't be able to consistently create off the bounce (although his handle is better than most people give credit for), he will have to rely more on ball movement and running off screens - two things that were nonexistent in UConn's offense.

I'm not worried about Lamb's ability to score, but he'll need to commit himself more defensively and on the glass to reach his NBA potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom